Guest juice01

Vehicle Positioning

Do you guys ever notice that when a vehicle stops it will be in a weird position? I found that when I'm trying to place a vehicle to block a lane or just get in the right spot to make it look good I have to try many times.

Would it be cool to have the ability to rotate the vehicles so you can position it properly?

I doubt that it's possible to fix or create the commands for it, but most thought you couldn't make a tiller truck and Hoppah & crew did it.

What I do when I'm trying to block off a lane (I usually park the car/truck diagonally in the lane to block it) First make sure that there is personnel in the vehicle, send the vehicle in the direction of where you want it to block, once it's in the blocking position you want it, while it's still moving, use the empty truck command. The truck will stop right there blocking the lane.

I know it's not perfect, and may take a few tries, but you know, it does work usually.

What I do when I'm trying to block off a lane (I usually park the car/truck diagonally in the lane to block it) First make sure that there is personnel in the vehicle, send the vehicle in the direction of where you want it to block, once it's in the blocking position you want it, while it's still moving, use the empty truck command. The truck will stop right there blocking the lane.

I know it's not perfect, and may take a few tries, but you know, it does work usually.

I do reposition it eventually and get it where it works, but did you notice that even if you want the vehicle to come up just a few feet, or turn around, it sometimes goes completely crazy on you?

What you are saying works good enough, I'm just saying I think a command or something to allow control of the rotation of the vehicle would be awesome. Think of it as a box that represents the size of the vehicle, and you can use your center mouse wheel to rotate the box around. To solve the problem of wanting the vehicle to just go there, you can still use the right mouse button (or left?) to send the vehicle to the spot, and click the mouse wheel to have the fine position.

Well, that's just how the game is. I don't think there's anything you can do except reposition.

Like I said before, I doubt something like that could happen, however we also thought a tiller was impossible.

Guest miked9372
I do reposition it eventually and get it where it works, but did you notice that even if you want the vehicle to come up just a few feet, or turn around, it sometimes goes completely crazy on you?

What you are saying works good enough, I'm just saying I think a command or something to allow control of the rotation of the vehicle would be awesome. Think of it as a box that represents the size of the vehicle, and you can use your center mouse wheel to rotate the box around. To solve the problem of wanting the vehicle to just go there, you can still use the right mouse button (or left?) to send the vehicle to the spot, and click the mouse wheel to have the fine position.

Like I said before, I doubt something like that could happen, however we also thought a tiller was impossible.

yes!

THe vehical's mid section stops where you click, use it to your advantage.

Hmm, I didn't notice that, thanks man.

The problem is a bit more then a matter of clicking where you would want the center of the vehicle to be.

• Sometimes when you click the point it won't make it all the way there, might stop off to one side or stop short. They may also rotate in weird ways even though you click just to the edge of the road in front of their direction. This most likely has something to do with the path, because the path is normally in the middle of the lane, but because you want it to the side of the lane it can't compensate properly.
  • If you try to line up two vehicles on the side of the road just like you would park, they will most likely be in odd positions and not straight even though you have them come straight on to the parking spot.
  • When you have multiple units in one area they usually block the better part of the lanes so other units can't get by easily. Yes, even if they are parked to the sides other units will have to navigate around but they will not have to do the stop, turn around, back up through the whole, turn around, and then drive straight maneuver which I find funny.

We all get by just how it is, use our own tricks, or just really don't care. I personally would love to have a function that allows me to rotate an object in game purely for making it look better.

Try assigning the commands that the Police Barricades have to the Police Cars. Might work, mightn't.

That's an outside the box idea. That might not work because the barricades need to be placed by a person and well I have no idea how to change that. Good idea though.

Guest [SAP]Francis
That's an outside the box idea. That might not work because the barricades need to be placed by a person and well I have no idea how to change that. Good idea though.

The script has no protection - it is only made to rotate an object. You can assign it to anything to rotate it. (Kinda funny to try that with the fire station. :D)

Guest [SAP]Francis
It works!

Hehe, yes of course it does work. Just be careful with it. :)

Have fun with your awesome scenes :P

/me adds a toggling command to the cars to add/remove the commands whenever you need them. :1046275767_ugly: Hoppah shall I release it? :)

Guest BattallionChief

I hate the police barricade positioning. I want to make a straight line but it usually takes a lot of time and is never as straight as I want it. Anyway, it doesn't hurt the functionality of the barricade.

Guest [SAP]Francis
I hate the police barricade positioning. I want to make a straight line but it usually takes a lot of time and is never as straight as I want it. Anyway, it doesn't hurt the functionality of the barricade.

I'll change the function a bit. It will change the rotation with 5 degrees per click instead of 30 degrees, it will be made more accurate.

. This most likely has something to do with the path, because the path is normally in the middle of the lane, but because you want it to the side of the lane it can't compensate properly.

you know kind of funny i had a fbi suv respond to the scene driving in the wrong lane the whole time looked so cool when it went through the intersection. :P

It could also be cool if you could control the vehicles like you control vehicles and units in Company Of Heroes, I know that it's probably not possible, but it could still be cool, a good way to place the vehicles precisely where you want.

Hehe, yes of course it does work. Just be careful with it. :)

Have fun with your awesome scenes :P

/me adds a toggling command to the cars to add/remove the commands whenever you need them. :1046275767_ugly: Hoppah shall I release it? :)

I don't see why you wouldn't be allowed to, as long as you no reskinned stuff or what not. Then again I'm not Hoppah.