Xplorer4x4

EM4 Deluxe Not Full Screen in Windows 7

The game loads fine, but it refuses to run in full screen mode. The game options are set at 1680x1050, just as my desktop resolution is, but it has black bars on the side(like watching a wide screen movie on a standard tv, except the lines run up and down rather then from side to side). Drivers are up to date, and I am using the drivers from Nvidia rather then the Windows update drivers. Although both driver sets have the same problem. I tried making it compatible with XP, but that didnt work either.

Dxdiag and log file included if some one can help! I havent gotten to play in like 2 weeks, and anxious to play again. This problem only started when I updated to Windows 7. Even tried a clean install of the game, with no luck.

The game loads fine, but it refuses to run in full screen mode. The game options are set at 1680x1050, just as my desktop resolution is, but it has black bars on the side(like watching a wide screen movie on a standard tv, except the lines run up and down rather then from side to side). Drivers are up to date, and I am using the drivers from Nvidia rather then the Windows update drivers. Although both driver sets have the same problem. I tried making it compatible with XP, but that didnt work either.

Dxdiag and log file included if some one can help! I havent gotten to play in like 2 weeks, and anxious to play again. This problem only started when I updated to Windows 7. Even tried a clean install of the game, with no luck.

Try right clicking the shortcut on your desktop and select propreties. Select the shortcut tab and in the category 'run' select full screen (or maximized or whatever it's called). Then click apply. Now see if it worked by starting the game via the shortcut. If it worked you can also try it with the emergency4.exe file.

Tried older drivers for Vista x64 but that did not resolve it. I noticed the current drivers for the 9800GTX+ are the same for Vista and Win 7 so naturally the drivers I use now are actually the same I used in Vista and the game worked fine. I have found alot of people with this problem for Crisis but the fix doesnt apply for EM4. Guess I am going to resolve this on my own, and will post a fix here when/if I find one.

Good news, I found the fix! It simply required my monitors resolution to be set at 1280x1024 and it now runs almost perfectly in full screen. Not quite perfect but close enough! Going to hack the config file for 1680x1050 and see if i can get it full screen at native resolution. Edited config to 1680x1050 and it now works just fine on full screen.

what did you edit mate? others may want to do this

sixteenstons\emergency4 folder, find the em4.cfg file and open with notepad or similair

find:

<var name="r_xres" value="1024" />

<var name="r_yres" value="768" />

and change the 2 values (in this case 1024 and 768) to the resolution you want then save the config