Andrew

How to add new personnel

Well I followed the basic adding a car tutorial and did it much the same, however, now when I click the vehicle in which the personnel is in, on the buy/request vehicle bar on the left, it crashes the game. If anyone could give a quick explination to the files I need to change, I can check through and make sure I have done them all correctly, and it should help Andrew also, thanks.

Right..I managed to add the person to the game, and i also made a unit.xml for him. The problem is this: I put the person to a vehicle editing the vehicle's unit.xml but when i start the game that vehicle doesn't appear in the vehicles list...When I remove the new person from the vehicle it works fine!

Right..I managed to add the person to the game, and i also made a unit.xml for him. The problem is this: I put the person to a vehicle editing the vehicle's unit.xml but when i start the game that vehicle doesn't appear in the vehicles list...When I remove the new person from the vehicle it works fine!

You're probably missing a bracket or two. Upload the changed unit.xml file, so we can check.

Here is the vehicle's unit.xml

<unit id="NEF">
<campaign>
<missions value="2 3 4 13 15 9 8 5 17 12 14 7 19 10 6 18 16 11 20 21 24">
<prototype name="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/Ambulance/nef.e4p" />
<price value="150" />
<speed value="120" />
<space value="2" />
<loadspace value="0" />
<personnel>
<unit id="DOCTOR">
<defaultcount value="2" />
<unit id="DOCTORA" />
</unit>
</personnel>
<equipment />
</missions>
</campaign>

<freeplay>
<missions value="2 3 4 13 15 9 8 5 17 12 14 7 19 10 6 18 16 11 20 22">
<prototype name="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/Ambulance/nef.e4p" />
<count value="3" />
<price value="150" />
<speed value="120" />
<space value="2" />
<loadspace value="0" />
<personnel>
<unit id="DOCTOR">
<defaultcount value="2" />
<unit id="DOCTORA" />
</unit>
</personnel>
<equipment />
</missions>
</freeplay>
</unit>

What's wrong with it??

Here is the vehicle's unit.xml

</unit>
</personnel>
<equipment />
</missions>

What's wrong with it??

Your are missing the equipment start <equipment> and the back slash to end the equipment part is on the wrong side, it needs to be </equipment> like it is with units and personnel

On mine, its only when I change the actual unit id between normal policeman and my armedpoliceman ones that it crashes. What could be the problem, considering it crashes when selecting the vehicle on the buying tab. Something in the personnel xml, or what other personnel code files do i require?

On mine, its only when I change the actual unit id between normal policeman and my armedpoliceman ones that it crashes. What could be the problem, considering it crashes when selecting the vehicle on the buying tab. Something in the personnel xml, or what other personnel code files do i require?

I can't tell without the changed files. Maybe you didn't define the personel correctly.

WOW :1046274283_heul: After 1 long hour I managed to make it work!!

But there is a small problem, the policeman has a firefighter icon instead of policeman icon :machkaputt:

Take a look:

You need to edit that in the vehicle.xml file

Find the vehicle protoype and make sure your policeman has this interface_ID:

<interface id="ID_DEFAULT" image="base:UI/Game/personimg/policeman_small" bigimage="base:UI/Game/personimg/policeman_big.dds" trivia="ID_TRIVIA_POLICEMAN" purpose="ID_PURPOSE_POLICEMAN" tooltip="ID_TOOLTIP_POLICEMAN" />

<interface id="ID_DEFAULT" image="base:UI/Game/personimg/policeman_small" bigimage="base:UI/Game/personimg/policeman_big.dds" trivia="ID_TRIVIA_POLICEMAN" purpose="ID_PURPOSE_POLICEMAN" tooltip="ID_TOOLTIP_POLICEMAN" />

Can't understand :nixweiss: what file i need to open ?

Wrong, vehicles.xml is not being used at all in Emergency 4/911:FR. 16T did add the file to the game, but it's not being used anymore. Andrew needs to add the correct icons in the Units folder of the new person, and make sure to edit portraits.xml in the Specs folder correctly. Double check the ID of the person.