heyjoojoo

Editing Audio: dispatch radio sounds and the supervisor?

Is there a thread here where it has links to other dispatch radio audio files? Sounds from police, fire, and medical radios?

Also what about the supervisor (the guy who announces the calls). Can his files be edited? Are they wav files? I was wondering if I could change some of the audio with my own.

Kareem

Yes, it is possible. But are you talking about the Los Angeles Mod?

Sorry about the confusion, I am referring to the LA Mod. (Did I post to the wrong forum?) And great, that I can edit the supervisors wav files. What are they called? I couldn't find them last night. Are they in the Data audio folder and not the LA Mod audio folder?

Also in referring to my first question, I was looking for sound files of when the officers, medics, etc are speaking. I was going to add some sounds of their 2-way radio transmissions.

Sorry about the confusion, I am referring to the LA Mod. (Did I post to the wrong forum?) And great, that I can edit the supervisors wav files. What are they called? I couldn't find them last night. Are they in the Data audio folder and not the LA Mod audio folder?

Also in referring to my first question, I was looking for sound files of when the officers, medics, etc are speaking. I was going to add some sounds of their 2-way radio transmissions.

Data\Lang\us\Supervisor

i dont think i've heard all 46 events ever in my game

and heyjoojoo WavePad Sound Editor allows you to edit, (trust me I have had the same idea)

I was able to convert one of the supervisor's tutorial videos. I imported the mpeg into Premiere Elements. It took a couple of tries though. The trick is to try to configure whichever video editor you're using so that the file maintains the properties that are used by EM4. On the third try, it worked - the problem is that now, I'll have to go back in to Premiere Elements and see what the video/audio properties were because I dont remember.

I was able to convert one of the supervisor's tutorial videos. I imported the mpeg into Premiere Elements. It took a couple of tries though. The trick is to try to configure whichever video editor you're using so that the file maintains the properties that are used by EM4. On the third try, it worked - the problem is that now, I'll have to go back in to Premiere Elements and see what the video/audio properties were because I dont remember.

well good luck and let me know, because im getting kinda sick of this guy lol

Wrong!

He wants it for the LA mod, not for the normal game!

Mods / Los Angeles Mod V1.* / Audio

And LANG is only text!

yes that is true but they play all the files from the normal game when an event occurs

any ideas on what you would like the new "event calls" are gonna be?

I thought about replacing the audio with actual radio clips from police, fire, or ems. I'll need to record some from live audio feeds from the online police scanners or use my police scanner to record my own. It's probably going to be easier to record from the internet.

Well, I can get the audio portions of the video changed (thus far) but cannot seem to change the video. Understand too, that I am using Premiere Elements (v7)which allows you to manipulate video and audio. But the video portion is a little trickier - maybe some combination of formats I can't quite comprehend.

As for the audio, it seems that in Premiere Elements 7, the preset titled "MPEG 2 Multimedia Compatible" gets the audio done. IF you dont have Premiere Elements, you may need to change your settings manually this way:

Audio: Convert to MPEG2

- Framesize doesnt matter

- framerate 25

- audio layer MPEG 1, Layer II

If someone can figure out what the video properties are, that may help.

Well, I can get the audio portions of the video changed (thus far) but cannot seem to change the video. Understand too, that I am using Premiere Elements (v7)which allows you to manipulate video and audio. But the video portion is a little trickier - maybe some combination of formats I can't quite comprehend.

As for the audio, it seems that in Premiere Elements 7, the preset titled "MPEG 2 Multimedia Compatible" gets the audio done. IF you dont have Premiere Elements, you may need to change your settings manually this way:

Audio: Convert to MPEG2

- Framesize doesnt matter

- framerate 25

- audio layer MPEG 1, Layer II

If someone can figure out what the video properties are, that may help.

Nice job changing the audio, I don't know a work around for the video, I don't have time to mess with it. Do you know where the video files are? cause if you do, can't you just take a video, and throw it in with the same format and name? Cause I don't think it can be a mix of formats for the video. I'm just guessing, sorry. I'll come up with something, and if I do, i'll let you know.

Nice job changing the audio, I don't know a work around for the video, I don't have time to mess with it. Do you know where the video files are? cause if you do, can't you just take a video, and throw it in with the same format and name? Cause I don't think it can be a mix of formats for the video. I'm just guessing, sorry. I'll come up with something, and if I do, i'll let you know.

I think I found it. Video too.

Give me a few more tests. Then I'll post the details.

Supervisor Video removed, personal video added and audio changed to public safety sounding dispatch radio calls. All sounds and video works. The files need to be copied into the Data/Lang/us/supervisor folder. It will overwrite the other files. Or you can simply just remove those original files, back them up and add the new ones.

If you want to add your own:

I used Premiere Elements to change the audio and video. I'm not sure how you would do this in any other DVD authoring application.

Video: 160x128 (so that it will fit inside the little screen that used to show the supervisor; Youtube makes the video too big)

Video format: MPG 1

Audio: MPEG 1 Layer II

Here is what the Supervisor video/audio has been replaced by: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBIyFVxwiU4

I can post a link so that you can directly download the new event files but I'm not sure where I can store these files for your access.

Wrong!

He wants it for the LA mod, not for the normal game!

Mods / Los Angeles Mod V1.* / Audio

And LANG is only text!

NOp, they play the files from the mod.

Rule number one:

#1. Always make sure you don't talk bullshit and make a fool of yourself.

You never tried to add videos to a mod and make them work. You actually know less about modding than heyjoojoo does. When you copy these new videos to any mod, they DO NOT work. You have to replace the original videos in the Data folder. Unless I missed something, this is the only way you can install new videos.

Next time I am going to give you another warning, because you're starting to get annoying with your wrong assumptions and 0,0% modding experience.

Lang is NOT only text. Take a look in the ".../Emergency 4/Data/Lang/de/" folder and take back what you posted. The original supervisor videos are located in that folder. They are in the Emergency 4 Deluxe version at least.

Hoppah