sniped222

London Mod (V1.3 RELEASED)

Firstly I would like to say that the Mod looks amazing and looks like it has came on leaps and bounds from the first version! Well done, great job lads! With each screen shot shown it makes me itch more and more for it!

I would like to make one point though (if I may) and forgive me if someone has already pointed it out.

The screenshot of the firefighters looks brilliant but the only problem is that they are wearing the old style fire gear. LFB changed to a new set a few months ago and the Asetco workers are now using the old fire gear.

London Fire & Rescue Service personnel completed.

post-8800-079912000 1284455329.jpg

If you are interested, here are a few links to a photos of the new fire gear:

Side

Rear

Front

Firstly I would like to say that the Mod looks amazing and looks like it has came on leaps and bounds from the first version! Well done, great job lads! With each screen shot shown it makes me itch more and more for it!

I would like to make one point though (if I may) and forgive me if someone has already pointed it out.

The screenshot of the firefighters looks brilliant but the only problem is that they are wearing the old style fire gear. LFB changed to a new set a few months ago and the Asetco workers are now using the old fire gear.

If you are interested, here are a few links to a photos of the new fire gear:

Side

Rear

Front

Use the real LFB gear! On behalf of all LFB and professional firefighters everywhere no one wants those half-wit incompetent Asetco scabs in this game. If you did you would have to change the scripting so they all ran around in confused circles trying to figure out how to get water out of the hoses while buildings burned and Londoners died!

Use the real LFB gear! On behalf of all LFB and professional firefighters everywhere no one wants those half-wit incompetent Asetco scabs in this game. If you did you would have to change the scripting so they all ran around in confused circles trying to figure out how to get water out of the hoses while buildings burned and Londoners died!

Please calm down, i do not want any such talk of emergency services in this thread, please show some respect

Does anyone here live in London? The brown uniform is used down here, I've rarely seen the black uniform. I think it is for training but I know the brown one is still in use.

Would you be putting City of London police in too? I've seen some new vehicles (Met and COL) about and wondered if they'd be put in.

Please calm down, i do not want any such talk of emergency services in this thread, please show some respect

If by emergency services you mean the professional fire fighters of the London Fire Brigade then as a fallow professional firefighter I show the utmost respect and support them in their current industrial battle against a management bent on cutting costs to the detriment of public safety.

One of those ´managers´ used to work here when they tried the same thing in the 90's but was ultimately defeated in court and public opinion.

Instead of criticizing me maybe you should follow the link on my banner and read up on what's going on, then as someone from the UK yourself and obviously a fan of the LFB you could lend your support to the very people you want to play in your mod.

Calling the Asetco staff ´emergency services´ is frankly an insult to those that are. They are nothing more than a ill trained pawn used by management in an attempt to break the LFB union and force contract negotiations to go their way. The same thing happened here in the 90´s only they had a different name. During the strike on two separate occasions London Firemen had to leave the picket line in order to take over from Asetco crews when they were unable to connect a hose to a Fire Appliance and break in to a burning building with persons reported inside!

Your only young so I doubt you have any real knowledge about the situation or what life must be like for a London firemen with kids and a mortgage whose told he has no job unless he gives in and signs a new contract with far worse conditions and hours. But for someone doing a mod of the LFB maybe you should educate your self a little and show some support for the men and women who make the LFB a fire service worth making a mod about.

I don't think this is the place to vent your political views. Remember, this is a game.

Anyway, in addition to my last question, I could take pics of the new vehicles I ment and show you what I mean?

*Dtmdragons wall of text*

Mate, grow up.

I haven't seen all of london burn down because people have been running in circles not knowing how to use a hose.

Or, to quote you, not knowing how to attach a hose to an appliance.

Do you have a source where we can read for a definate fact, that this happened?

Stop being such a t**t towards people who have risked their lives, whether it be members of Asetco, or LBF employee's.

No matter who it is, they still have to run into the same situation, so stop being such a p***k and f**k off this forum.

No-one here has time for people as pathetic as you.

*Dtmdragons wall of text*

Mate, grow up.

I haven't seen all of london burn down because people have been running in circles not knowing how to use a hose.

Or, to quote you, not knowing how to attach a hose to an appliance.

Do you have a source where we can read for a definate fact, that this happened?

Stop being such a t**t towards people who have risked their lives, whether it be members of Asetco, or LBF employee's.

No matter who it is, they still have to run into the same situation, so stop being such a p***k and f**k off this forum.

No-one here has time for people as pathetic as you.

I'm not going to lower myself to a playground to and fro of insults. I've said what I wanted to say, follow the link if you don't want to remain ignorant.

http://www.london.fbu.org.uk/index.php

http://www.fbu.org.uk/newspress/pressrelease/2010/10_29a.php

End of conversation.

There also happens to be some photos of the guys protesting in the black turn out gear on the Union website.

If by emergency services you mean the professional fire fighters of the London Fire Brigade then as a fallow professional firefighter I show the utmost respect and support them in their current industrial battle against a management bent on cutting costs to the detriment of public safety.

One of those ´managers´ used to work here when they tried the same thing in the 90's but was ultimately defeated in court and public opinion.

Instead of criticizing me maybe you should follow the link on my banner and read up on what's going on, then as someone from the UK yourself and obviously a fan of the LFB you could lend your support to the very people you want to play in your mod.

Calling the Asetco staff ´emergency services´ is frankly an insult to those that are. They are nothing more than a ill trained pawn used by management in an attempt to break the LFB union and force contract negotiations to go their way. The same thing happened here in the 90´s only they had a different name. During the strike on two separate occasions London Firemen had to leave the picket line in order to take over from Asetco crews when they were unable to connect a hose to a Fire Appliance and break in to a burning building with persons reported inside!

Your only young so I doubt you have any real knowledge about the situation or what life must be like for a London firemen with kids and a mortgage whose told he has no job unless he gives in and signs a new contract with far worse conditions and hours. But for someone doing a mod of the LFB maybe you should educate your self a little and show some support for the men and women who make the LFB a fire service worth making a mod about.

Why did you bring this argument here of all places?

I visited both those pages after your first post in this thread thanks

I am not a "LFB fan" like some I have seen

As far as scripts go, i don’t think so on the next version apart from SoSi