sniped222

London Mod (V1.3 RELEASED)

UPDATE!

Now that the Christmas hols have started me and luisinho have had time to get cracking!

(and try to catch up with coastal mod :P)

All police units updated and improved, all interiors finished, small details added

BMW 5 Series will be re-made along with some other fire units!

Another update is coming very soon which you will like

Thanks for all support

Sounds great looking forward to the update(s) :gut:

EDIT:

I was in London on new year and in the early hours of the morning everyone was going back on the tube.

The police had set up a huge crowd management system with lots of riot police and mounted police.

There were thousands of people and a lot of police (4,000 was the BBC figure).

I saw a huge amount of London emergency vehicles and I noticed how accurate you models were. :12:

I saw lots of these vans which seem to of replaced the transits (as I saw no transits).

6cc4a01f6cdb2cbbc70f9dca40104808.jpg

p1130996.jpg

I was wondering if they would be in the mod.

Edited by Forensics

Guest Jumprope
Sounds great looking forward to the update(s) :gut:

EDIT:

I was in London on new year and in the early hours of the morning everyone was going back on the tube.

The police had set up a huge crowd management system with lots of riot police and mounted police.

There were thousands of people and a lot of police (4,000 was the BBC figure).

I saw a huge amount of London emergency vehicles and I noticed how accurate you models were. :12:

I saw lots of these vans which seem to of replaced the transits (as I saw no transits).

I was wondering if they would be in the mod.

Funny. I was working there. There were actually 3,000 police.

Those vans are TSG vans, which we did use for Level 2 aid aswell but theyve all been taken back to TSG now.

However, due to the large amounts of people on NYE and the fact that TSG has only 500 members i imagine the carriers got spread about.

The transits have never been used on public order events really. They can only fit 2 officers in the back and they have a cage for prisoners. They are used on borough response teams for prisoner transport.

Normally the old Sprinters (as used in the mod)get used at Level 2 stuff, with the cages over the windows. They can carry about 12 in the back if needs be.

Im pretty sure these new sprinters you photographed are going to be in the mod, but for some reason they opted to use it as the ExPo unit (or 'bomb squad')