Guest malteaser

help with script

Guest malteaser

Hi, guys i am new as a member here but have been browsing through these forums for a while now. I have learned a lot about scripting from you guys and am trying some stuff of my own. I have made a new station at the southeast corner with parking spaces for motorboat transporter, lifeguard truck and heavy rescue crane. I had no problem creating virtual objects and editing the scripts so the vehicles can return to their parking space. The problem is that when they arrive the crew get out of their vehicles and start running to th fire station at the other side of the map. Can anyone help me? Can you please tell me which script and which part i need to edit so the crew will stay in their vehicles when they are parked? Kind of like the battalion chief, when he gets to the station he stays in the car.

Hi, guys i am new as a member here but have been browsing through these forums for a while now. I have learned a lot about scripting from you guys and am trying some stuff of my own. I have made a new station at the southeast corner with parking spaces for motorboat transporter, lifeguard truck and heavy rescue crane. I had no problem creating virtual objects and editing the scripts so the vehicles can return to their parking space. The problem is that when they arrive the crew get out of their vehicles and start running to th fire station at the other side of the map. Can anyone help me? Can you please tell me which script and which part i need to edit so the crew will stay in their vehicles when they are parked? Kind of like the battalion chief, when he gets to the station he stays in the car.

Uploading the changed script would help...

How did you change your scripts? I tried to do that, but lets just say I screwed up... I have a few units at a harbour station near the docks. I can't get the units to return to their parking space... what parts did you change? and what scripts?

Guest malteaser

i did nothing different from what ShaneGreen did from this post http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?showtopic=6976 (post2). I downloaded his file than only changed the vehicles from brush and hes to what other vehicles i wanted and changed the names of the vo's. Everything worked fine but still can't figure out how to make the crew stay in their cars when they return to their parking like the battalion chief. At first i chanhged three scripts, Lafirestation, Lafirestationstart and Latofirestation. But later i found out that if i change Latofirestation only is enough for me.

i did nothing different from what ShaneGreen did from this post http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?showtopic=6976 (post2). I downloaded his file than only changed the vehicles from brush and hes to what other vehicles i wanted and changed the names of the vo's. Everything worked fine but still can't figure out how to make the crew stay in their cars when they return to their parking like the battalion chief. At first i chanhged three scripts, Lafirestation, Lafirestationstart and Latofirestation. But later i found out that if i change Latofirestation only is enough for me.

Hi Malteaser,

I imagine that the problem is that you need to create a VO_SQUAD_Station3 which covers the areas that the new vehicles are parked. Then create a VO_SPAWN_STATION3 point where you want the units to spawn (if you have not already done so) then add them into your Firestation.script. If you have done so then you need to edit the ToFirestation.script to recognise the new spawn/squad point and link them to the vehicles that you have parked there.

It would probably help more to have a look at what you have done with the script.

Congratulations on your sucesses with the scripting and taking the time to learn. Well done :12:

Take care

Shane