joachimnor

The Joachimnor Quiz

Ok, rules are simple.... The first right answer gets the price.... A new prize will come every time i launch a new prize question!

So, first question is a prize question... The prize is free a free website under my hosting. The winner can either buy a domain and set it to my nameservers or get a subdomain.

In what Italian town did the battle which started the red cross take place?

THIS IS NOT A PRIZE QUESTION!

How many Geneve conventions are there?

4 conventions (about war on land, war on sea, rights of POW's, rights of civilians) and 2 additional protocols

And then I'm not counting the conventions created after WW I because they were replaced by these conventions.

Now what NOT A PRIZE did I win? ;)

sorry, but you are wrong :P there are 4 + 3 protocols

Conventions

* First Geneva Convention for the Amelioration of the Condition of the Wounded and Sick in Armed Forces in the Field

* Second Geneva Convention for the Amelioration of the Condition of Wounded, Sick and Shipwrecked Members of Armed Forces at Sea

* Third Geneva Convention relative to the Treatment of Prisoners of War

* Fourth Geneva Convention relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War

The whole set is referred to as the "Geneva Conventions of 1949" or simply the "Geneva Convention".

[edit] Protocols

The 1949 conventions have been modified with three amendment protocols:

* Protocol I (1977) relating to the Protection of Victims of International Armed Conflicts

* Protocol II (1977) relating to the Protection of Victims of Non-International Armed Conflicts

* Protocol III (2005) relating to the Adoption of an Additional Distinctive Emblem (for medical services)

Edited by joachimnor