Grim_Wizard

Why?

Why is there a halt vehicals command that doesn't really work that well (Officers turn around the opposite way of traffic) I understand that redirect isn't much better but, why have a command when you can just stick an officer in the street?

It comes from the older emergency games. You would have accidents on freeways or something and one of your objectives was to avoid a traffic jam. Just placing an officer on the street would cause a jam, but letting the officer redirect traffic would prevent a jam.

I think it's for the same reason they kept the redirect command, but somehow the cops in EM3 and EM4 sometimes turn away from the oncomming traffic. I think this has to do with the pathing of the game but I agree it is annoying. But then again so are your units getting stuck because trafic won't move.

I played Emergency-1 too :bia:

As concerned command problems: in Em4 any vehicle can be redirected only once (dont know why)

I noticed, when i place cop on the way, which redirected car follows, that cop turns around and starts to halt or redirect (depending on command given) counter traffic.

At the same time, i;ve seen many times that redirected car passing by cop, which standing in redirect mode. (i.e. redirected car ignores new redirect commands)

I have Emergency 2 an i got to say that it may be one of the better games because you could go in every building. And i liked how in missions it would show you the litte people get in the police helicopter :)