Guest Thrill

fird truck need repair

when i use the plane to put out fires, they always need rerpairing when the water hits them from the plane..

You ever tried catching a penny someone threw from the top of the Eifel Tower? It will slice your hand right open because of the enourmus speed.

Same thing with water dropped from a great height: because of its speed and mass it will damage everything it hits. It's done to make the game more realistic.

Moved to EN general section

You ever tried catching a penny someone threw from the top of the Eifel Tower? It will slice your hand right open because of the enourmus speed.

Same thing with water dropped from a great height: because of its speed and mass it will damage everything it hits. It's done to make the game more realistic.

so will water if you're deep enough under the ocean and you have a leak. itll work like a scalpel cause of the pressure.

i cant believe so many people dont know that you can heal/repair damaged units. i can kinda understand why they dont know for vehicles, but for people? really? :WTF:

Guest Thrill

i knew you can repair vehicles, its just water on vehicles from about 2 m above it, should not damage cars. when it rains does your windsceren crack? no.

i know theres more volume, but it wouldnt nearly render a firetruck useles!!

i knew you can repair vehicles, its just water on vehicles from about 2 m above it, should not damage cars. when it rains does your windsceren crack? no.

i know theres more volume, but it wouldnt nearly render a firetruck useles!!

It gan get in exaust pipes and get in the engine witch can stall the truck, but I do agree it won't do that much damage.

Water weighs 8.33 pounds per gallon. Type II helicopter carries around 350 gallons (2,915lbs), a type I helicopter will carry 1000+ gallons (8330 pounds), a small Air tanker such as the CDF S2T carries 1200 gallons (9,996lbs) and a larger tanker such as a P3 Orion will carry 3000 gallons (24,990lbs).

An excerpt from The fire chief's handbook By Robert C. Barr, John Eversole

Alertness at the fire helps ground firefighters avoid Possible serious injuries from the

force of the falling retardant. While aircraft do fly at sufficient altitudes to permit the

falling retardant to disperse in the form of a rain or heavy mist, occasionally the payload

does not break up, and personnel have been hurt and equipment damaged. When the retardant hits in a mass. it is capable of tearing brush out of the ground. kicking rocks into the air, or knocking personnel off their feet.

From CALFIRE manual

GROUND HAZARDS 7026.10.1 (October 2002)

1. Retardant drops from airtankers can be dangerous. A low drop has sufficient velocity and mass to not only knock you off your feet but can also throw you a considerable distance.

2. While being hit directly by a load of retardant is at best a sloppy sticky mess, generally no serious bodily injuries will be caused by the retardant, if you take the proper precautions. The major cause of bodily injury resulting from a low drop is being thrown against rocks, trees, etc., or being struck by flying debris picked up by the retardant.

3. Air tanker pilots are constantly cautioned about the dangers to ground personnel resulting from low drops. Report immediatelyany injuries/damage caused by a low drop. Obtain information on aircraft type and assigned tanker number.

4. If you are standing or running and are hit by main force of the load from a low drop, you can expect to be thrown and bounced around rather violently.

5. If you are prone and are hit by a low drop the risk of injury is reduced considerably over the injuries you might receive were you standing or running.

6. If you are hit by a low drop, don’t add to the flying debris – hold onto the tools or other equipment you might be carrying. Those flying tools or equipment could cause injury to you or someone on your crew.

7. If radio communications are not established, remember “dry run.” An air tanker making a high pass along the fire line without dropping indicates a retardant drop will be coming in one to three minutes. All personnel under a “dry run” should move from the drop area until after the drop is completed.

Remember, these are all for the typical 1200 or less drops, if you get hit by a low drop from one of the larger tankers, especially the one in the game which is similar to the newly allowed DC10 and 747 which carries 12,000 and 20,500 gallons, well, you're in for a world of hurt.

Personally, I've been hit by darn near everything over the course of time. If you're lucky, it just feels like a pelting rain and you just keep busting ass and doing your job. If you're unlucky, you're probably going to end up going ass over tea kettle and slammed against a tree. I've seen chiefs roofs buckled, windows and windshields blown out, and even small cars flipped from a low solid drop. It happens. The pilots do their best, but you don't want to be too high that it disperses in the air, or too low that you drop a water slug. No one is perfect.

In the game, just like in real life, you just don't want to drop ON people or equipment. it's that simple.

H's only an L.A. FD Photographer which is beast

I dont know what beast means, but I do know that you shouldn't speak about things of which you don't know :)

One of my positions is as part of the LACoFD Public Affairs office, as well as part of a Type III Incident Command Team, where I am a full time FF doesn't really need to be spread throughout the internet where little kiddy stalkers can annoy me :)

What's a Type III Incident Command Team?

Amazing what google will do for you:

“A Type 3 team may be set up within an administrative unit or the area of a local dispatch

center to provide incident management expertise which can be quickly mobilized. Type 3

teams are not fully staffed in all sections of the ICS. Because of limited staffing, Type 3

teams will depend heavily on the local administrative unit for logistical support. A typical

Type 3 team will be comprised of a fully qualified Type 3 Incident Commander and

individuals fully qualified at the Unit Leader levels and performing in appropriate general

staff positions.”

"Type 3: State or Regional multi-agency / multi-jurisdiction team for extended incidents

A multi-agency/multi-jurisdiction team for extended incidents, formed and managed at the State, regional or metropolitan level. It is a designated team of trained personnel from different departments, organizations, agencies, and jurisdictions within a state or DHS Urban Area Security Initiative (UASI) region, activated to support incident management at incidents that extend beyond one operational period. Type 3 IMTs are deployed as a team of 10-20 trained personnel to manage major and/or complex incidents requiring a significant number of local, regional, and state resources, and incidents that extend into multiple operational periods and require a written Incident Action Plan (IAP), such as a tornado touchdown, earthquake, flood, or multi-day hostage/standoff situation, or at planned mass-gathering events. A Type 3 IMT may also initially manage larger, more complex incidents that are later transitioned to a Type 2 or Type 1 IMT."

And no, I'm not the IC, just part of one of the lowly unit sections.

and since my personal quals is far from the original topic, :1046276160_schildbacktotopic: or if the original poster feels his original question is satisfied, pretty much :closed: