sigmeister

Lego Creation: LAPD Cruiser

I don’t know if there are any Lego fans out there, but during my spare time I enjoy making vehicles out of Lego. My creation is an LAPD cruiser. This vehicle is my own creation, but I tried to build it so that it would look like a Crown Victoria. (It’s pretty hard to do b/c the Crown Vic is a very shapely, curvy car.) The placement of lights was inspired by actual LAPD vehicles. I tried my best to create this vehicle with the limited Lego pieces that I have. I hope you enjoy it.

LAPDMOC006.jpg

LAPD-Arjent-005.jpg

Photo by Mike Peters (I hope you don’t mind me posting your fantastic photos in my post; if you want me to remove them, I’ll do so immediately.)

LAPDMOC007.jpg

LAPDMOC008.jpg

I am aware that the A-pillar is the wrong color. Unfortunately, I do not have those specific bricks in white. There is room for 4 mini figs in the cruiser.

LAFD-Jumper-Ventura-178.jpg

Photo by Mike Peters

LAPDMOC009.jpg

I tried to make the Crown Vic's unique back end.

LAPD-Patrol-003.jpg

Photo by Mike Peters. Notice the unique V lights.

3569632400_eed8479fa8_b.jpg

Inspiration

LAPDMOC002.jpg

Slicktop variant.

LAPDMOC004.jpg

Back end with the unique amber and blue lights on the driver's side, characteristic of LAPD slicktops.

hmmm dammit i need to get thousands more organized, color-coded lego pieces cause my couple hundred arent enough to make cool stuff. once saw at some place at Christmas they made like a replica of downtown STL with legos. was awesome. cant believe they actually managed to make The Arch with Legos.

I also have LEGO Digital Designer, which is a cool 3D program where you can make your own sets and send them to LEGO, where they might make the set (complete with instructions) and send it to you :)

Guest matt31896

Your LEGO LAPD STWs look good! I'm making a Mobile Hospital from the 911 FR LA MOD(Hoppah you rock!). On LEGO.com they have a LEGO ditigal designer you can download somewhere on the site.

Man I have maybe 50,000 or more lego bricks and I can't do jack diddley with them. I'm that bad jk. I once though built an awesome missiole silo, the missles ran on a track from the bottom and came out the top, there were 6 buildings all multi story and it was really cool.