Guest zeke555666

LASD Medics and SWAT medics

I have the regular medics with and without the stretcher done. I'll post pictures later, my editor doesn't like when I open close it every few minutes, so I have to give it a rest.

Anyways about the SWAT medic, should he be in the full BDU dress or more like the sniper?

Also while I'm at it do you want LASD SEB (SWAT) officers too, it should be an easy reskin?

Also I'm gonna reskin the medic case to a darker color too.

Guest zeke555666

well im still thinking if im gonna make the ambulance but probaly hq i really dont know how hard it is to make them go to the hospital though

I was hoping someone else would step in before now but I guess I will...

A few points worth mentioning just off the cuff since I don't have a lot of time to get into detail..

• The ambulance is not an an ambulance, it was used, and may still be used, to carry extra gear, especially the dive equipment. It is NOT set up for medical transport, at least as far as the times I've ever seen it. Can anyone point to any info that contradicts that?
  • The medics are all part of the ESD, and on swat operations will wear standard SWAT tactical gear and usually hang in the back in case the operation goes bad. Nothing really identifies them as special except a tiny patch similar to the SAR emt patch
  • Otherwise they wear gear similar to the Search and Rescue guys, with Olive Drab jumpsuits, just subdued OD patches
  • The other major truck is assigned to Air 5 and is the support vehicle for it.
  • Their job is to just immediately triage, stabilize and move the patient to a safer area for the LACoFD (or other jurisdiction) fire dept medics to treat and transport. LAPD keeps one of their Armored vehicles (Rescue 4) set up as an ambulance of sort, with the ability to load injured civilians and sworn personnel and keep working on them until they are out of the danger area and then transfer them to fire dept medics and ambulance. I believe LASD has one of their ARV's set up similarly. The major difference is oxygen tanks, bls/als gear bags, and room for backboards instead of just being loaded up with swat gear.

Air 5 Support vehicle walk around

ESD SWAT vest and Helmet

LASO_AIR5_076.JPG

LASD SEB uniforms

3621675355_e159617985.jpg

Newsman 91's shot of the back patch for SEB

Ryandiaz photo SEB Team Training with full gear on

SEB Team Training from Photobucket

LASD SAR Uniforms

3629664264_76df007b3c.jpg3629675484_1b54c0497e.jpg

All medics in the Sheriffs department are part of the ESD as I said earlier and farmed out as needed, Basically you'd just make regular LASD SWAT officers with dive and healing capabilities if possible. 2 Medics min, respond to all SWAT operations and they've all been through the basic SWAT school with most of them being former SWAT deputies.

To start forward thinking game usage, you need to start thinking about:

• How do you identify the LASD ESD medic from the regular LASD swat officers when they look the same in real life?
  • Are you going to add dive capabilities to them?
  • Will you be able to script the ability to change from swat medic gear to dive gear at the truck, similar to the way the FF changes into SCBA?
  • are you planning on making a full LASD swat mod/submod with LASD armored vehicles too?

Mike

Guest zeke555666
I have the regular medics with and without the stretcher done. I'll post pictures later, my editor doesn't like when I open close it every few minutes, so I have to give it a rest.

Anyways about the SWAT medic, should he be in the full BDU dress or more like the sniper?

Also while I'm at it do you want LASD SEB (SWAT) officers too, it should be an easy reskin?

Also I'm gonna reskin the medic case to a darker color too.

Thank you so much it sounds awesome

the strecher is no longer needed

the swat medic for lasd and lasd seb dress similiar so make the lasd sheriff medic with medic on his back and maybe a different patches if u can

thank u again

-zeke

Guest zeke555666

To start forward thinking game usage, you need to start thinking about:

•How do you identify the LASD ESD medic from the regular LASD swat officers when they look the same in real life?

•Are you going to add dive capabilities to them?

•Will you be able to script the ability to change from swat medic gear to dive gear at the truck, similar to the way the FF changes into SCBA?

•are you planning on making a full LASD swat mod/submod with LASD armored vehicles too?

•well i asked who is doing the ppl to put medic on his back and different patches

•I am hoping on doing that

•well i hope i can ill try to get it i have looked at it and it doesnt look that hard. but how do i know im new to this

•well i have the ESD Medic truck im working on and i have to start the LASD swat truck hopefully

and im gonna try and figure out eventually (no time soon) to get two swat medics and a backboard with a paitient

I've been trying to find stuff on the ESD Ambulance, but still can't find junk outside of the one photo (perhaps it is not in service anymore). From the ESD photo stream, they have three trucks all of which are similar to the model that's in creation.

Also, scripts to change clothes wouldn't be that hard, I could help if you want.

@Mike: I assume they have a contract ambulance on standby at SEB stuff then? Seems a little inefficent

Guest zeke555666
I've been trying to find stuff on the ESD Ambulance, but still can't find junk outside of the one photo (perhaps it is not in service anymore). From the ESD photo stream, they have three trucks all of which are similar to the model that's in creation.

Also, scripts to change clothes wouldn't be that hard, I could help if you want.

@Mike: I assume they have a contract ambulance on standby at SEB stuff then? Seems a little inefficent

ya like mike said the ambulance they have is not in service anymore and is used to transport equipment.

That would be awesome if you can help me do the scripts. They would just go to the diver thats already made.

Thanxs so much mcert1

Like I said before, the ambulance is just a gear hauler, mainly for dive equipment an such.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by inefficient. LACoFD and a contract ambulance will standby and assist the LASD during tactical operations by staging outside of the area and respond in if needed. Remember tactical medics are just that, tactical. They are there to provide instantaneous life saving support until the patient can be moved to an area of safety where Fire/EMS personnel can work him up and transport him. In truth, they might actually find their skills tested on an operation once every few years if that, but due to the danger involved in most ops, it tends to be a good idea to have an engine company, medics, and an ambulance standing by for one never knows what might happen operation. Remember, Tactical EMS is very different from standard EMS, and their mission and skill set is just to keep that victim safe and alive until they can be worked up by a full EMS crew and transported outside of the danger zone. They don;t carry the gear, drugs, and many other things a full EMS crew will, just enough things for their specific need such as an intubation kit.

The one benefit of having ESD medics assigned to SWAT, as opposed to members of the SWAT team paramedic rated is that like any other skill set, if you don't use it, you lose it. One of the complications of Tactical EMS is that they don't run medical aids, they don't deal with EMS on a day in day out basis, and they tend to focus as SWAT first, medics much lower down, and the quality has been shown to decline even with refresher courses. ESD medics on the other hand are constantly dealing with rescues and other critical ems situations while assigned to Air 5 and keep their skills current and fresh in many ways. But even then, their focus is on immediate stabilization and rescue, not really treat and transport. More often then not, LACoFD medics will join them on a rescue to work the patient up during transport if taken by Air 5.

Just ask yourself this, do you really want or need 2 specially trained LASD ESD Medics who are dealing with a downed officer after a bad operation, all amped up and worked up, having to transport the patient as well? Or does it make more sense for them to get the victim to safety and let the LACoFD guys handle him and transport?

It makes sense to have another medical unit on scene, to some degree. In Columbus they have the TEMS officers come to scene in a reserve medic unit and just hang back, to not type up another medic for the hours SWAT situations take. I can understand the benefits of both ways.

Guest zeke555666

ya because most of the time up in the mountains in la county the medic is to far away so the the lasd medics usually respond faster.

correct me if i am wrong

ya because most of the time up in the mountains in la county the medic is to far away so the the lasd medics usually respond faster.

correct me if i am wrong

You are. I mean, I don't know another way of saying that unfortunately. The only medic response from LASD would be onboard Air 5, which is utilized for special rescue needs. But even then, by the time it gets on scene, LACoFD medics are already with the patient and have worked him up to be ready to be lifted out or transported. Helo's, for all of their speed and worth, still aren't fast enough to beat the first in fire companies. They make up for that in their ability to fly over traffic from the scene to the trauma center though!

Guest zeke555666
are you going to upload this once its done? because i think your doing an amazing job. the seb sounds very similar to the nypd esu because they use trucks that are very similar to the one that your making and they are also trained paramedics

well they probaly dont respond to as much but pretty much the same

You are. I mean, I don't know another way of saying that unfortunately. The only medic response from LASD would be onboard Air 5, which is utilized for special rescue needs. But even then, by the time it gets on scene, LACoFD medics are already with the patient and have worked him up to be ready to be lifted out or transported. Helo's, for all of their speed and worth, still aren't fast enough to beat the first in fire companies. They make up for that in their ability to fly over traffic from the scene to the trauma center though!

Understandable, it's interesting though I read an article earlier today where a member of AV SAR mentioned how often they failed to be notified till late in an incident. He was recounting a car over the side/rope rescue where if it wasn't for ESD member hearing the call on a fire channel and dispatching them, they probably wouldn't have been dispatched for several more minutes... But it happens everywhere, police and fire talk, but they really don't work well enough together. Anyways are SAR members trained in any medical techniques or just patient evac?

Off that topic: I've decided I don't like the first ESD officer I created... So I'll make a new one tonight, and some early SEB models too. I'll post pics tomorrow.

My computer is misbehaving again I'll post pics as soon as I can

Guest zeke555666
Understandable, it's interesting though I read an article earlier today where a member of AV SAR mentioned how often they failed to be notified till late in an incident. He was recounting a car over the side/rope rescue where if it wasn't for ESD member hearing the call on a fire channel and dispatching them, they probably wouldn't have been dispatched for several more minutes... But it happens everywhere, police and fire talk, but they really don't work well enough together. Anyways are SAR members trained in any medical techniques or just patient evac?

Off that topic: I've decided I don't like the first ESD officer I created... So I'll make a new one tonight, and some early SEB models too. I'll post pics tomorrow.

My computer is misbehaving again I'll post pics as soon as I can

OK well it sounds good im still working on my model so its fine

Guest zeke555666
I like your work!!!!!

well i put this model in to zmodler and some of the truck was missing any help. btw MCERT1 do you have any pics yet

Sorry I started pumping info and then disappeared, Mike. :blush:

As Mike stated, The SAR trucks are equipment haulers only. I suppose they *could* throw someone up on a backboard to carry in unusual circumstances (WAAAAY too rare to count as anything, the LACoFD HES can do similar), but it's really a Small rolling toolbox for mountain emergencies in LA County.

As long as mike doesn't mind me linking his images...

LASD_MONTROSE_SAR_003.JPG

That's a good look inside the truck I'm referring to.

I'll try and tug a few lines to get more info, but I think Mike's got all the info I'd pull anyways.

@ Mike: Your pics of the SEB truck, etc... Were those taken at STARS? I get the suspicion I was there the same day...