Guest tulti

How can I play maps which I created?

Guest tulti

HI

I am member of this forum. I have some problem on maps. When I created maps myself , I couldn't play on the game. I need your help.

I am waiting your reply

You're going to need a script and to put it into order in a seris of xlm documents, I can help you with the XLMs, but you'l need a c++ script. My advice is to go back to EM3 to make your own missions and you do not need to know other scripts, or if you can't, use the script generator...

Script Generator

For the Modification FAQ here's the link...

MOD FAQ

My guess is that you need to work on the xlm documents, if you have already scripted your mission.

THe generator can't do anything fancy but, it can make a good single stage mission.

Guest tulti
You're going to need a script and to put it into order in a seris of xlm documents, I can help you with the XLMs, but you'l need a c++ script. My advice is to go back to EM3 to make your own missions and you do not need to know other scripts, or if you can't, use the script generator...

Script Generator

MOD FAQ

My guess is that you need to work on the xlm documents, if you have already scripted your mission.

THe generator can't do anything fancy but, it can make a good single stage mission.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Script Generator

MOD FAQ

Actually you shouldnt have to do any C++ or XML. You have to import the floor map in the editor, place buildings, and then use the editor to create triggers,spawn points and other stuff I cant recall off hand.

Which plays can ı save the scripts

If you want to use it as a freeplay map just name the map freeplay.dds and paste it over the normal freeplay map. No need for scripts.

If you want to use it as a mission map you can save your files in Emergency 4\Data\Scripts\Game\Missions. Your script name needs to match the mission name and map name.

BTW I removed the CAPS from the topic title. Typing in CAPS for no reason isn't allowed at this forum.

My editor did the map data / scripts / game / mission was to save the changes to the game section I've selected mode but still could not find my map

You can only save scripts in the folder called scripts (that's why it's got that name ;) ).

You need to save your editor map in the folder Emergency 4\Data\Maps. You need to make sure the map and the mission script have the same number in order for them to correspond. You can find your map in that folder if you want to edit it.

Guest tulti

I have gaven the same number for the map and mission script.I saved my map in the folder Emergency 4\Data\Maps.I entered to game emergency 4.I choosed mine mode from the changes unit.

I entered Campaing and Freeplay but I couldn't play my map in the game

I have gaven the same number for the map and mission script.I saved my map in the folder Emergency 4\Data\Maps.I entered to game emergency 4.I choosed mine mode from the changes unit.

I entered Campaing and Freeplay but I couldn't play my map in the game

If you have your own mod you need to save the map elsewhere:

Emergency 4\Mods\[name of the mod]\Maps

If you want to play freeplay or campaign you need to name your map freeplay.dds

And again: if you want to play freeplay or challenge you DO NOT need to make a mission script.

Guest tulti

And again: if you want to play freeplay or challenge you DO NOT need to make a mission script.

I will try thanks

Guest tulti

Problem was solved thanks a lot