jab16

New Game idea

OK all there is a new show on the animal planet that i find really cool called

. It is one of those shows like deadliest catch. So here is how it works, There is this ship the steve irwin with about 36 crew members on it. They patrol the antartic waters looking for walers and specificly a japaneese whaleing fleet. The japanesse beleve that they have a right to kill the whales for scientific research ( that is why the have a procesing ship in the fleet right? anyway) the crew of the steve irwin beleves that they are violating the rules for the Southern Ocean Whale Scantuary. My idea is that you would be able to drive the main boat ( steve Irwin ) in 3rd person like in battlestations. You could also drive it in first person from the brigde. You would be able to plot your course on a map. The objective would be to find thew whaleing fleet and stop them or prevent them as long as you can from whaleing. You woud have a arsenal of thing to use against the fleet. On board the ship they have a
to fly recon and look ahead of the ship to find them. You could fly that and go ahead while the ship follows your plotted course or you could just switch between the two. Another thing that they use is small inflatible boats or
to throw lines in front of the ships to stop there engines or to board the ship and show them a paper telling the ship that they are in violation. The last thing that you would be able to do is
acid which makes it inpossable to work on deck and flower which makes the decks vers slick and hard to walk on safley. The way it would work is that for everything you do sucessfully you get points. Lets say i jammed the propeller of a boat. Well then you would get 45 points, or you located a ship in the helicopter 40 points, or boarded a ship 55 points. Well at the end of the season you would get money from donations depending on how sucessful you where and how many points you had. At the end of the season you would be able to buy things. So lets say you have a lot of money, well you could buy a new RIB, or a ice breaking hull so you don't need to go around the ice. Also you would be able to buy another boat ( big boat like steve irwin ) and control that one too and switch between them to make it more affective, kind of like in battlestations. The bigger the ship or the more ships you have the more volinteers there are to help out. But the whaleing fleet moves around and has a diffrent path each season so it keeps you guessing. You could also buy a new helicopter of more advanced ship detecton systems or radios. I think this would be great because of this "The first season of Whale Wars was the most watched program ever for Animal Planet, capturing more than one million viewers for its season finale."

any ideas on who should make it if it is possable?

yeah how much do you think you would pay? also i think i may contact the foundation about it and see what they think. They probably would not like it though because they think it is a real surious matter whih it is, but i think they would not be happy about it.

I don't know they would love the media attention because it would help there cause but they might think that they are not taken seriously. Btw who do you think would be best to make it?

if you have advanced graphics and shows the poor, helpless whales swim right up to the boat and get harpooned with blood oozing out

Sounds good.

...Throw acid which makes it inpossable to work on deck and flower which makes the decks vers slick and hard to walk on safley.

I laughed really hard :P

Well seeing how this is a TV show, and they are a foundation, you wouldn't be able to make a game and sell it without them saying yes... BUT you could use this in your advantage.. This is good publicity when you have a game about you. So they might be interested in this... Approach them, but don't make it seem like you want them to make a game, but instead endorse one, and help with the design and explain how it would be good for publicity and such

I would and wouldn't play it. I would because it sounds very addicting and great, but I wouldn't because I HATE seeing animals die or get killed (unless its part of the food web or chain or whatever).

Edited by puppysboy222

how about a button sort of like the call od duty games where you can turn graphic footage?

seeing them die is sad for me too :1046276372_bawling:

also those harpoons are hudge.

how about a button sort of like the call od duty games where you can turn graphic footage?

seeing them die is sad for me too :1046276372_bawling:

also those harpoons are hudge.

Yeah, I think that would work.

TOO huge. The whales just start flipping all over after that :1046276372_bawling:

If you add in the posibility of helicopter damage, it sounds a little more realistic. I saw a few episodes where the heli was damaged. It oculd fly but it wasnt much help in recon like it usually is. I think they had to get close enough to the ships(one the heli was damaged) to dispatch the heli to do recon since the smaller Japanese ships easily out ran there huge ship.The heli was usable though but its range was severely limited and flying it in general was a risk.

None the less its an awesome show.