bama1234

Light Polygons

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but how can I manuevure light polygons in the lights editor? they are so difficult, they don't line up on an axis, i.e. if you use a view from the top to move them left, you move the camera and theyve moved left but now their way down. Hope i explained it right...

The best way i have found is to get a straight top down view. Then it will move front to back only. Then get straight in front or backof the vehicle or at the slightest angle possible then arrange it again. Its not the best way but its the best thing i have found.

Move the view to a STRAIGHT-ON view of the vehicle and press the arrow keys to move your view so that where you are working is as centered as you can get it, this takes work but once you are "zeroed" onto the area, you still have to deal with the fact the vertices do NOT line up with the model perfectly, you're objective is to align the lines correctly.... Make sure that the line is completely visible and did not fall into the vehicle, if it did you will not see the polygon in that area... The polygon lights seriously suck unfortunately and require a great deal of patience to place, this is why most people opt not to use them heavilly... They just are a nuissance to place.