iktah

Insane loading time

Hey guys,

I've got an issue with an extremely long loding time while playing 911 and LA mod.

When just starting the 911 freeplay map, it takes about... uhm... 30 mins from when I press start game untill I can actually play.

When loading the la mod, it takes about 10 mins to load that with the mod screen, then about 1 bloody hour from when I press start untill I can finally play. When I actually can play, I've waited so long that I'm just plain sick of the game and can't be arsed to sit down and play it.

is this something most of you have to go through or is it just my 'puter?

specs:

win xp, 3Ghz cpu, 3 GB Ram, Nvidia GF 9800 GTX+

I know of the dxdiag and logfile thingamabob, but don't see how that apply for this question. If needed, i'll post 'em

Just plan a month in advance when you wish to play the game and load it and go write a novel or something... Without the logfile and DX Diag from the pooter, we can't tell you what is going on that might be causing this, if your specs are accurate it should not be happening.

The mod can take from around 3-10 minutes depending on specs, the average wait time for loading the mod from the mod selection screen appears to be about 5-7 minutes... Starting a new freeplay game again does not take that long, usually 2-4 min. depending on computer...

Something is not right and we can't help you unless you give us more info.

Logfile shows an odd error, so I am wondering, is it just the LA mod that causes these problems or does even the default normal game behave the same? There is an error in the logfile that points to a resource bleed, that might be the reason you're having problems....

well, seems it's the game itself then, considering I waited 30 mins last night to play the plain 'ol 911.

well, that sucks. I've always had that problem. just got so tired of it that I checked the forums and didn't find anything about it :P

know of a way to fix this bleeding? an amazingly quick triage with a band aid or a full scale operation with anaesthetic? :P

fyi: i've been up over 24 hours now, so my sense of humour is weird, I know :P