Dosedmonkey

Coastal Rescue UK Mod [Alpha Released]

is this a part of the new map in the videos?

no its part of the original freeplay, bottom left of the map on the road coming into the map.

I think someone suggest this in another mod but is it possible to have some rough terrain that only certain units can go on like 4x4s?

on our list to try out.

Hadn't seen that hovercraft transporter before, very interesting! Thankyou. :12:

Okay guys, I have the road works vehicle coded to redirect traffic now, and am half way through coding the police chase script, working for armed police, just need to make another version, with no weapons for the standard police. :)

Also, as for ambulances, yes there will be another ambulance and rapid response car yet, as for St Johns and such, do they actually do anything other then minor injuries and first aid?

Guest krystle
Also, as for ambulances, yes there will be another ambulance and rapid response car yet, as for St Johns and such, do they actually do anything other then minor injuries and first aid?

As far as i know, besides providing first aid standby duties, St. Johns do provide emergency ambulance services too.

Hadn't seen that hovercraft transporter before, very interesting! Thankyou. :12:

No problem :)

Okay guys, I have the road works vehicle coded to redirect traffic now, and am half way through coding the police chase script, working for armed police, just need to make another version, with no weapons for the standard police. :)

Great :12:

Yes they only do minor stuff and often work at big evens like festivals.

In my area because there are hardly any paramedics st johns medics sometimes work for the NHS but driving normal emergency ambulances not there own. But his is appalling as they don't have any advanced medical treatment but still respond to high priority emergency calls. :1046276128_motz: But this is not the case in other parts of the country.

In my area because there are hardly any paramedics st johns medics sometimes work for the NHS but driving normal emergency ambulances not there own. But his is appalling as they don't have any advanced medical treatment but still respond to high priority emergency calls. :1046276128_motz: But this is not the case in other parts of the country.

accturly st.johns ambulance service is just a volintry ambulance service and do much more than big events and minor emergecys they do exaactly the same as a normal ambulance service there trained in exectly the same ways and things there just non payed :) im a cadet so i should know ( if that sounded mean it isent supoce to :) )

accturly st.johns ambulance service is just a volintry ambulance service and do much more than big events and minor emergecys they do exaactly the same as a normal ambulance service there trained in exectly the same ways and things there just non payed :) im a cadet so i should know ( if that sounded mean it isent supoce to :) )

It didn't sound mean :)

Are all st johns medic trained the same as normal paramedics?

Well, i'm not sure about St. John in other countries, but St. John Ambulance in Malaysia do provide emergency ambulance service, locally known as EMAS (Emergency Medical Assistance Service).

These are ambulance fleet for EMAS in Penang State.

post-4728-1259599913.jpgpost-4728-1259599930.jpg

edit: they do the same as normal ambulance.. they can deliver a baby in an ambulance, like normal paramedic does..

post-4728-1259599959.jpg

It didn't sound mean :)

Are all st johns medic trained the same as normal paramedics?

Well, those who wants to be part of the ambulance crew have to pass certain exam, like basic ambulance care course, in order to sit for basic ambulance care course you have to passed advanced first aid course, and in order to sit for advanced first aid course you at least have to renew your basic first aid course for at least 3times (means taking 1 basic first aid courses for 3year). St. John Ambulance have their own paramedic too (i mean those who passed as a EMT-P and work for St. John Ambulance.) :happy:

^OK thanks, BTW don't double post.

No, the RNLI don't operate their inshore lifeboats like that. This will be working in an original method for this kind of boat.

I saw a inshore lifeboat on a trailer being towed by a 4x4 the other day so i am a little confused.

I emailed the RNLI asking if they still use 4x4 and trailers move there inshore lifeboats.

I just got an email back:

Thank you for your email.

Yes, that method of transport is still very much used at a handful of lifeboat stations.

Very best wishes

Adrian Boyd

So I'm confused :gruebel:

one expert said that it was used at a handful of stations. i would assume that in dosedmonkeys experience they dont do that where in his area. the circumstances in which they are used for transport werent clear, it is possible that they are transported to aras that dont have their own lifeboat, who knows. Does it matter mate?

So RNLI rarely transport their vehicles, on our map we have a inshore boat shed that runs straight into the harbour. Its more common for the fire brigade and police to take their inshore boats to locations remote from the RNLI bases, the only commonly used transport is the tractor for large tidal change locations.

170808_jetty019.jpg

I never seen the hovercraft one, but i've never seen the RNLI hovercraft in real life either, so don't know much about it to be honest.

Can people post any pics they have of modern UK St. Johns units please, as everything I've seen is like 20 years old. In no state to go to emergencies, but saying this in my area they just use NHS response vehicles.

Can people post any pics they have of modern UK St. Johns units please, as everything I've seen is like 20 years old. In no state to go to emergencies, but saying this in my area they just use NHS response vehicles.

They use Renault ambulances..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_motors/3665912312/

but im not sure why some have white hoods and some have yellow hoods.

The yellow is something UK ambulances have started doing the last ten years to make them more reconisable in traffic, so people get out their way quicker, I guess its cheaper just to re-spray the hood, as thats the bit you see in a rear view mirror.

Yeah but you also want to quickly identify which vehicle its coming from, so a white ambulance looks far too much like a white transit van from a distance and could cause confusion I guess, especailly in a situation where your using your mirrors on a motorway for example. This is why they still now developing new sirens, for better directional and vibration awareness.

The comments are really helpful (I know that Dosed takes your suggestions on board).

The hovercraft carrier is really interesting, as Weymouth doesnt has its own Hovercraft the carrier could be a viable way of getting it there.

Well done Dosed and the team for all your hard work.

Info on the Hovercraft Truck:

HV52 VPC This blue RNLI Iveco flat-bed truck is being used to deliver the hovercraft to the beach. It is fitted with blue flashing lights, which the law allows for lifeboat launching vehicles.

So you wouldn't be able to use blue lights to transport the unit from Poole to Weymouth... Just from station to coast.