Guest Angelstorm

Think i had this problem the last time. Error with Installation of EM4 Deluxe

Guest Angelstorm

Hi All,

Wow its been a while since Ive paid the website a visit ... hasn`t it changed ALOT and it looks great BTW!

Ok I`m having problems installing EM4 Deluxe edition onto my new machine *cry* ... I have a feeling of Dajavo with this ....

When I load Disk 2 to install it comes up with a screen in German so I don`t understand it but it must be an error message

It says D:\dta3.cab and Data error (cyclic redundancy check),

I have taken a pic of it and here it is

errorrcw.jpg

So Any help would be wonderful as I`m getting withdraw symptoms already .... cry

Hi All,

Wow its been a while since Ive paid the website a visit ... hasn`t it changed ALOT and it looks great BTW!

Ok I`m having problems installing EM4 Deluxe edition onto my new machine *cry* ... I have a feeling of Dajavo with this ....

When I load Disk 2 to install it comes up with a screen in German so I don`t understand it but it must be an error message

It says D:\data3.cab and Data error (cyclic redundancy check),

I have taken a pic of it and here it is

So Any help would be wonderful as I`m getting withdraw symptoms already .... cry

He Angel,

it's been a while indeed, good to see you again!

In short the message says theres an error with copyiing the data3.cab file.

There is some more info in this post.

But I'm afraid you will either have to contact the store where you bought it to get a new disk :sorrysign:

Edited by pyrothijs

'Fehler bei der Komponentenübertragung' means 'Error during file transfer'.

A Cyclic redundancy check is a procedure to check files during a transfer for errors.

This error might happen when the CD is damaged and/or dirty. The CD-player can't read (and copy) the file and it gives that error.

Try to clean the CD with a soft tissue.

'Fehler bei der Komponentenübertragung' means 'Error during file transfer'.

A Cyclic redundancy check is a procedure to check files during a transfer for errors.

This error might happen when the CD is damaged and/or dirty. The CD-player can't read (and copy) the file and it gives that error.

Try to clean the CD with a soft tissue.

:laugh: we were all typing the solution at the same time I think

Guest Angelstorm

Thank you all once again for some good advice... like I said I remember having this issue once before, after not using the disks for a while and loading it up on another machine etc, ... the last time this happened I had to buy a whole new game .. and that was a while a go but Stan did give me a good tip which i took on board, i just need to find those back up disks ... like were did I put them *smile* ... Its true about us women and our handbags that they carry the kitchen sink .. its finding things thats the problem.

and a big hello to everyone, life has been a bit busy and to tell you the truth i have been deep in the Winterberg Mod .. its very catchy, and obviously Hoppah`s mod gives me a break from it .. but to lose everything apart from the mods and files .... just need the game ! .. I`ll use some tricks to see if cleaning the disks work, I have two sets of originals so only time will tell .. will have to give it another try tomorrow and once again *waves* hello to everyone from the old board crew etc .. :)

Angel