station9emt/firefighter

ok.. if i pay you to make a mod... how much would it cost?

Um, well for models and skinning, the average might run around 10 or 15 USD a model, but if you wanted custom scripts that were in depth (like fire station from LA mod) it might be a little more costly.. to get a mod that replaces just the units in the base game, and adds one or two new functions, plus a new station to the freeplay map might cost a small bit, maybe even 3 digits, once again depending on how much work you wanted done.

Um, well the best thing to do, is talk to people on these forums, asking if you can get them to make you one vehicle or maybe use one that fits your needs, then you'll just reskin it. You can compile these together then, and you'll have your mod. If you don't know how to compile them into a working mod, I'm sure I can help you with that. Paying for a mod could end up being really costly, so the best thing I would do if I were you, is try to get together a team, or just ask different people to make you different things, and with that, you can probably get a mod together for free.

If you want to talk, I do believe I have you on xfire, if not, my xfire=my username here :)

Generally speaking I'd suggest againts offering to pay out for mods/modding and all that crap it's a slippery slope and the truth is the average price per model is generally 60-100 bucks.... Makes it very cost ineffective fast, most of us roaming around here do it as a hobby you just have to try your best to find the ones that are free that wanna help someone else build a mod. If you're decent and can help them I am sure there would be some who'd lend a hand with adequate support in the form of info/pictures and all that type as well as some help in modding if you'll take the time to learn.

i figured as much. but i was thinking to help people out cause alot of people ask so much everyone says that they are doing it for free and they drop towards the end.. i dunno.. thought that i would have helped out a lil.. but yea i can understand were you are coming from. lol

yep.. that sums it up.. but like everyone has told me... dont pay cause everyone does it as a hobby... and i guess if you pay a person that does it as a hobby then it becomes a job.. then they stop... then no game... sniff sniff... i just want a phoenix arizona mod.... sniff.

Truth is ya'll simply can't afford to keep me :1046276372_bawling:

The mod "teams" concept that has become prevalent here is partially why it's so difficult to get a mod started and rolling. Unfortunately today most people are extremely specialized in what they can do, some can paint, some can uv map, some can model, some can script etc... there are very few that can do a large quantity of the work themselves, requiring only minimum assistance from others around. When you couple that with the fact that there are not that many around who do know some of everything it just makes it hard to see rapid progress... Then the game it's self does not cooperate very well in allowing you to modify it fast other than simple reskinning, which still can be a nussance...

In short the BEST way to push a mod across the finish line is to sell it to the masses as HARD as you can, some people never go anywhere because they don't try to gather people up, shop around the forum ask if anyone has xxxx skills and wants to lend a hand with this or that.... Provide as much support as you can to those who do work on it, most of us are not from the cities we mod, some have never ever seen them so the knowledge we bring is usually not the best in the world=( bein a local can definately prove useful if you take the time to provide the modders with what they require.

Goodluck to ya.

Technically this would be against the games copyright, wouldn't it? I mean, someone else would be earning money because of the game and I think there is something legal against doing so. But if you can get a mod rolling that would be awesome, I live in Tucson, so an Arizona mod would be sweet.

Check games like Train Simulator, Flight Simulator, people charge quite often for those addons and Microsoft, which we all know is quite aggressive with their copyrights does not bother them as the addons may be in their formats, but in the end the actual work is independent, and that is what you are charging for, not the original game but the additional work you've done, which is legal...

Some of the recent attempts that have gained traction had no skills when they started out, they just tried to learn as they went and were fortunate enough to find modders that could not do it all that were willing to lend a hand. As I said some of the modders out there have limited skills to one specific field, which makes it difficult for them to make a mod on their own but possibly see their effort turned into a mod should they cooperate as a team.