bsbllthirteen

how do i get models into paint.net

Ok so i have a .dds converter and paint.net and i cant seem to know what to do now. I would like to reskin Hoppahs models with my home towns emergeny vehicles but i dont know how to get the models into paint. Please help.

First of all, I use MS Paint. It is much easier and I get better results. But you do what you want to do.

Now make sure you have unlocked the file before converting it.

In order to help I need more details:

Do you get an error message?

Is the file just not showing up? etc...

First of all, I use MS Paint. It is much easier and I get better results. But you do what you want to do.

Now make sure you have unlocked the file before converting it.

In order to help I need more details:

Do you get an error message?

Is the file just not showing up? etc...

well when i go to the file with all of the vehicles i click on one(fire engine 1 for example) an error message pops up saying "There was an unspecified error while opening this file"

Hope that helps :)

ok go into the editor and under modifications there is somthing that says unpack. Click it and on the right is a scrool bar. go down to models and click on whatever you want. next find a spific unit. it should end in .V30 so click it and changed it to .dds.post whne you have done this and i will tell you the rest. :happy:

ok go into the editor and under modifications there is somthing that says unpack. Click it and on the right is a scrool bar. go down to models and click on whatever you want. next find a spific unit. it should end in .V30 so click it and changed it to .dds.post whne you have done this and i will tell you the rest. :happy:

how do i change it to .dds because when i get to the unpack file and then go to the vehicles and then double click on the vehicle the screen disapears

Oh lord. :wall: How many times have I had to explain this to people...

Use DDS Converter 2 to convert the [.dds] file to [.jpeg] format.

http://eliteforce2.filefront.com/file/DDS_Converter;29412

why do you change it to jpeg i use bmp is there a diffrence?

Yea sure im not done yet i should be done tonight but ill post it when it is done

what should i use to take a pic with??

1. Convert the JPEG/BMP file to DDS format using DDS Converter 2.

2. Replace the old DDS file with the new (reskinned) DDS file. (copy and replace into the [.../Models/Vehicles/03 LA Police/examplefile.dds] directory)

3. Take a screenshot using Fraps:

http://www.fraps.com/download.php

Once installed, make sure Fraps is running before you start the game.

Press F10 to take a screenshot.

Hope this helps