Xplorer4x4

Light/Lightbar Help

Here is the lightbar:

boatlights.jpg

The clear lights in the middle will serve as flood lights. That part was easy.

However I cant seem to figure out a good way to light up the red parts. Could any one suggest what size,flash and so forth I should use?

Personally, I'd use a dual-strobe left-right alternation. To try to further explain, it would flash:

Left-Left, Right-Right, Left-Left, Right-Right and so on...

That help any?

That helps some, the main thing is finding a corona size that fill the entire slot but isnt to big either. So you think i should leave the clears blank? I planned to use them for flood lights but thought i may put clear flashers in there as well.

Here is what I came up with so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvRGpY2tSx4

Close to what you said, but i may try what you said as well. I think i forgot to change the corona size on the left, but you get the idea.

That helps some, the main thing is finding a corona size that fill the entire slot but isnt to big either. So you think i should leave the clears blank? I planned to use them for flood lights but thought i may put clear flashers in there as well.

Here is what I came up with so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvRGpY2tSx4

Close to what you said, but i may try what you said as well. I think i forgot to change the corona size on the left, but you get the idea.

Looks good...

One thing you could do is have the red strobe, and the white alternate slowly, if you get what I mean :P

another thing I thought of, watching that, was, if you were to take the light off the back of Hoppah's Type III ambo, the ones where it looks almost like 2 lights rotating... that'd be pretty sweet.

Wow, I'm full of ideas tonight lol

Sorry that wasnt based off what you said, but this one is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs01memLwVk

I found the tga files for the coronas so i have narrowed it down to just the red coronas and found which ones would probably work better. I may try to do make a corona that might be more accurate for the type of light bar.

MUCH better :) Before I thought maybe you didn't understand me, and I was tired so I didn't feel like explaining myself lol...

I like that one much better....

You said something about making the white lights flash too, and I think there are 2 ways to make it look really good:

1) they could either alternate like the headlights of the cv, or,

2) they could alternate in the same fashion as the red lights. I have to say tho, if you are using the second Idea, I'd make them strobe left/right in time with the red ones, but opposite. To explain better, when the left red light strobes, the right white light strobes. That way you don't have the full lightbar going left-left, right-right... If that makes ANY sense :P