Sirius7dk

american ambulance types

from various debates and threads on the forum i have seen that there is mainly 3 types of ambulances in USA, type 1, 2 and 3

type 1 is usually a box behind a pickup,

type 2 us a van style ambulance

type 3 seem to be a box behind a pickup or a truck

from looking at (exterior) pictures of type 1 and type 3 there does not seem to be any difference other than the size, and that is not always the rule so can anyone tell me what the difference between type 1 and type 3 ambulances are in the US?

from various debates and threads on the forum i have seen that there is mainly 3 types of ambulances in USA, type 1, 2 and 3

type 1 is usually a box behind a pickup,

type 2 us a van style ambulance

type 3 seem to be a box behind a pickup or a truck

from looking at (exterior) pictures of type 1 and type 3 there does not seem to be any difference other than the size, and that is not always the rule so can anyone tell me what the difference between type 1 and type 3 ambulances are in the US?

In reality, there's no difference between any of the types, they all have the same equipment, just arranged to fit differently in each body.

Guest cbh84
Body styles dont say alot but as you see in emergency and reading here they came with various staff options.

@cbh84 thanks for that link. I have never seen the majority of those. I had no idea they made chevy ambulance, or ford F-350 based abulances.

they even put them on dodge pickup trucks