gamer1368

PI mod [SCREENS!]

^well at current the game doesnt allow us to investigate fires, so it wouldnt really be of use there, and technically a PI wouldnt investigate a fire. I believe this would be the responsibility of a fire marshal, and homicides would be the responsibility of CSI.

However the bounty hunter idea is cool. Itd be funny if we had Dog,Leland,Beth, Young Blood,and Baby Lisa patrolling :P

The only time a PI would investigate a fire if an insurance company or a private person Hired them.

Guest killgame

I think you never will see vehicles like that in LA police.

This look like european police.

Why do you not use differents vehicles? Like Hoppah vehicles with reskin? :nixweiss: (with her permission of course)

Why do you not use differents vehicles? Like Hoppah vehicles with reskin? :nixweiss: (with her permission of course)

Well since reskins arent allowed that wont happen, plus PIs are not part of the LAPD,LASD,or CHP. There law enforcement, and some times are retired cops, but there not part of an official police department.

To the maker, using European type vehicles probably killed any chance you had of getting this released.

I agree with that suggestion

Why not make it a detective with civilian car with civilian person,that will make it look real like the Homicide detective

your right about the european look of the car... but the van can also be a USA car.

At the moment i am not changing anything YET.

Maybe im gonna reskin the Hummer H2 but im not sure...

Why do you not use differents vehicles? Like Hoppah vehicles with reskin? :nixweiss: (with his permission of course)

Guest killgame

Oupss "her" is for women. "his" for men's. :sorrysign:

And i think the hummer is a better choice for your mod.

But for reskin, hoppah said it's just for personal use? no?

Welll... i accidently deleted my copy of EM4...soo that sucks.

I dont know if i continue on the SubMod.

In the Poll you can vote, if you want me to continue on it...Please Vote!

Guest RescueMe

For realize his changes to auditory he must talk with Hoppah for permossion (if he allow this) or only personal (i'm not very sure).

RescueMe

PS: @gamer1368 where we can vote for this?

For realize his changes to auditory he must talk with Hoppah for permossion (if he allow this) or only personal (i'm not very sure).

RescueMe

PS: @gamer1368 where we can vote for this?

I cant get the poll working so just say it in your post

Guest GB619

As far as im aware,you can edit the models and map as much as you want for your own personal use,but if you want to release these type of things you have to do more than just re skinning hoppahs models,and i have done my own map changes and am currently re skinny the models in both LA mod and EM4 files,but i will never release them,they are just for my own personal use,as im not sure how to do my own models but working on that,but again im doing my things just for my own personal use.im leaving the much more technical stuff to hoppah and co as they know what their doing :grinsevil:

As far as im aware,you can edit the models and map as much as you want for your own personal use,but if you want to release these type of things you have to more than just re skinning hoppahs models,and i have done my own map changes and am currently re skinny the models in both LA mod and EM4 files,but i will never release them,they are just for my own personal use

My idea was... that i use Civil Cars so i didn't reskin hoppah's models.

So their was a higher chance of releasing it.

Guest RescueMe
I cant get the poll working so just say it in your post

If I'm understand you correctly, you wont from us to support your work, writing here this support, right?

Sorry for my stupid writing :grinsevil:

RescueMe

Guest GB619
My idea was... that i use Civil Cars so i didn't reskin hoppah's models.

So their was a higher chance of releasing it.

Yes but you are saying you want to release these models for the LA MOD,again it the same,the MOD map is Hoppah and co's creation,so again to release different stuff,you would have to create your own models,or do like wOOd did and build his own map,which in turn gained him hoppah's approval,as building a map and scripting takes forever,just ask anyone that does this.

But i could be wrong on this :sorrysign:

If I'm understand you correctly, you wont from us to support your work, writing here this support, right?

Sorry for my stupid writing :grinsevil:

RescueMe

Yess and if there are enough people that say "we want you to continue on your SubMod" i will continue to work on it...otherwise i will not start on it.

Guest RescueMe
Yess and if there are enough people that say "we want you to continue on your SubMod" i will continue to work on it...otherwise i will not start on it.

Thanks for replying dude. I support you with two hands :D No, I really wants you to continue with this SubMod. I hope and many other will do this.

RescueMe

Guest MonkeySquasher

To be honest, I see no point in it. PIs in the US are little more than just that.. private investigators. As far as I know, in most states, they have no real powers... They can't have lights, they can't arrest, and they mainly arm themselves for the sake of being armed. And in the game, there's not really much they can do, and they don't really add anything to the mod. There's no new models or any significant units, and without a mission or two to use them in, they're pointless. Sorry man, just my opinion.

"may I release it, Hoppah?"

Few question before I let you:

1. Is it fully working ingame?

2. Did you create unit images for the ingame menu?

3. Do you know how to seperate the changed/added files and create the correct folder structure? (see LA Mod Patch as example)

If 'yes' to all questions, you are allowed to release it.

Also, granted permission doesn't mean you can expand your mod with whatever you want. Example:

Replacing your PI vehicles with reskinned Crown Victoria's will terminate the permission immediately.

Same thing also counts for the other approved mods. See the Copyright topic for more information.

Hoppah

"may I release it, Hoppah?"

Few question before I let you:

1. Is it fully working ingame?

2. Did you create unit images for the ingame menu?

3. Do you know how to seperate the changed/added files and create the correct folder structure? (see LA Mod Patch as example)

If 'yes' to all questions, you are allowed to release it.

Also, granted permission doesn't mean you can expand your mod with whatever you want. Example:

Replacing your PI vehicles with reskinned Crown Victoria's will terminate the permission immediately.

Same thing also counts for the other approved mods. See the Copyright topic for more information.

Hoppah

At the moment i dunno if i will continue, but if i do, i will follow up on your questions (<< dont know if this is proper english) (In dutch: Als ik er mee verder ga zorg ik ervoor alle vragen met JA worden beantwoord)