Guest ENG12INE

Making a Charles County FULL mod

Guest ENG12INE

basically meaning I want to create All the stations in Charles County or at least in my area. and maybe add some from pg so they can respond for mutual aid. I have absolutely no idea how to do this, no idea if I have to get permission for this....so if ANYONE can PLEASE help me it would be much appreciated lol...I would be glad to help put anyones name out there if they can help so please please please, I can get you pictures of the departments and the units, thanks =D

basically meaning I want to create All the stations in Charles County or at least in my area. and maybe add some from pg so they can respond for mutual aid. I have absolutely no idea how to do this, no idea if I have to get permission for this....so if ANYONE can PLEASE help me it would be much appreciated lol...I would be glad to help put anyones name out there if they can help so please please please, I can get you pictures of the departments and the units, thanks =D

Well, for starters, welcome to the Forum. I myslef am fairly new, and very new to acctually creating mods. But, from my understanding, no, you do not need permission to create a mod, but you DO need permission to use stuff from someone elses. I'm sure by now you've seen/played the LA Mod?

If no, ignore:

If yes, then I'm sure you'd like the ambulances, police cars, etc. However, to use them, you'd need permission from the creator of the LA Mod, Hoppah. And, as far as I can tell, Hoppah doesn't allow use of his stuff for re-skins (using the same vehicles, but changing the colour). You can re-skin, but for personal use only. You can't re-skin and upload it and pass it off as your own. But, you can if you're the only one who's going to use it.

If you have any other questions, ask away, I, or any other member, are glad to help :)

Guest ENG12INE

ok because I started on coloring the vehicles to match the police and fire units that we have in charles county. do you know if hoppah would allow me to use the same vehicles and do colors as long as I make it known that the vehicles were from him? and do you know if I would be able to load the fire station so I can put my station on there? lol thanks again i appreciate it =D

ok because I started on coloring the vehicles to match the police and fire units that we have in charles county. do you know if hoppah would allow me to use the same vehicles and do colors as long as I make it known that the vehicles were from him? and do you know if I would be able to load the fire station so I can put my station on there? lol thanks again i appreciate it =D

On the vehicles note; I'm truly not sure, you'd have to ask Hoppah. About the station, can you explain in anymore detail?

ok because I started on coloring the vehicles to match the police and fire units that we have in charles county. do you know if hoppah would allow me to use the same vehicles and do colors as long as I make it known that the vehicles were from him?

Been there, tried that. No. If you release a mod that are just complete reskins he will not give you permision. Now if you can include some of your own models, then you have a chance.

and do you know if I would be able to load the fire station so I can put my station on there? lol thanks again i appreciate it =D

If you can make a 3d model of your station and put it in the map you can use it for personnel use but if your wanting to release that then you would need to talk to hoopah. Questions like these can go in the copyright thread in the top of the LA Mod forum.

Guest ENG12INE

Fort Erie. about the station what i'm tryin to say is like...from my laptop would it be possible to take pictures of my station and basically find a way to make it so my exact station is in the game...like, some fire guys sit inside the kitchen, some are out in the bay by the ambulances, some sit on the computers...things like that, but have it be a direct replica of my station...basically I want to learn how to create literally my own real FULL mod for all of Charles County Maryland and all of our Departments in this area, including police and separate ems stations, so it would end up being a pretty big file...any advice on any programs or anything of how to learn to create a mod from scratch?

Guest ENG12INE

Thanks for the advice, basically I want to Create all of Charles county, our units, our radio talk, our tones, our separate station alarms, and things like that...A FULL mod just like Hoppahs LA Mod...but i'm a complete newb with mods lol...so i'd have to get a lot of help. but i'm willing to do whatever I need to to make it work. I'm jobless so i'm pretty much on here all the time haha...got nothin better to do right now...is there anyway I could get other people to make everything and I send emails with pictures and sound messages? then they create it and then I give them credit for all of it?

Fort Erie. about the station what i'm tryin to say is like...from my laptop would it be possible to take pictures of my station and basically find a way to make it so my exact station is in the game...like, some fire guys sit inside the kitchen, some are out in the bay by the ambulances, some sit on the computers...things like that, but have it be a direct replica of my station...basically I want to learn how to create literally my own real FULL mod for all of Charles County Maryland and all of our Departments in this area, including police and separate ems stations, so it would end up being a pretty big file...any advice on any programs or anything of how to learn to create a mod from scratch?

I must say, It's going to take a LOT of hard work, scripting, etc. If you have the dedication, I'm sure you could pull it off, but, I want you to know, most of these mods take over 9 months to make even a test version. I'm not saying you can't, or shouldn't, I'm saying you need to be really dedicated to pull it off. If you need help, I suppose I could help, tho I don't have very much knowledge at all, however, I'm game :)

Guest ENG12INE

ok so to start, I guess me and you can be the "leaders" ????? of the mod? lol...so um, we are going to need to post up a new topic on the front page of the forum about the mod creation and how we will need help...I tried to start one but for some reason it wouldn't let me start one...can u try? oh by the way, do you have "aol instant messenger"? so we can talk more directly? and maybe an email so I can get you pictures so you will have them for later?