Guest bvfd-4116

How to play multiplayer

if you get the message that the files are wrong, then it is because you do not have the same files as the other players, issues could be if you have 1 version of LA mod, and the other guys have another version, maybe someone have changed cars or maps.

so the solution is to talk to those you want to play with and ask them what they have changed in their game and then make sure that you have exactly the same files

i tried on the other computer i had to make sure the files are the same and still get the same message

Not only the name of the file needs to be the same, also the contents of the files. Best you can do is just copy all your files to you friends computer or vice versa, then you know for sure they're the same.

Also make sure you both have the same version of EM4/EM4D/911FR.

greetz,

No it would not, as long as both copies of the game are the same version (1.3) ex, they do not have to be the same type of game, a Deluxe game, a em4 game, or FR can all play together... Your best bet is to try to play the game unmodded first when trying to do MP games, if the unmodded game (default as shipped game) works for you, then you know there is something different in your modifications, chances are the mod has had an xml document or something as simple as that changed to change the frequency of events for example, which will no longer sync with the other game and cause the error you're getting. Worst case, fresh install the mod on both computers after you manually ensure all files related to the mod have been removed.

would the different version of windows make the files different

im trying to find out how to do multilayer with my friend. so far weve just been trying the default system in 911FR. im pretty sure our files are matching exactly. i would host a game with a public internet server and he would refresh for a few seconds and never see any server pop up on his screen, just "no server available". Is it required to use that hamachi client? And if so how exactly do we use that?

im trying to find out how to do multilayer with my friend. so far weve just been trying the default system in 911FR. im pretty sure our files are matching exactly. i would host a game with a public internet server and he would refresh for a few seconds and never see any server pop up on his screen, just "no server available". Is it required to use that hamachi client? And if so how exactly do we use that?

You're not required to use Himachi. But you need to adapt certain router settings and open a few specific ports (see the EM4 Technical help FAQ). Even then sometimes there are still troubles with the connection. When you use hamachi those problems usually don't occur. But if you both follow the guidelines in the FAQ you should be able to play multiplayer. You can also have your friend look for your pc via the direct IP option.

I cant seem to find the EM4 technical help FAQ. could you link me to it?

when using hamachi do i give my friend the IP number at the top of the gray box thing? if so, does he enter that in the direct IP search inside EM4 or does he join my network in hamachi? Would anyone be up for making a simple video of how you host games and putting it on youtube?

when using hamachi do i give my friend the IP number at the top of the gray box thing? if so, does he enter that in the direct IP search inside EM4 or does he join my network in hamachi? Would anyone be up for making a simple video of how you host games and putting it on youtube?

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.ph...ost&p=63152

now im suffering from the most incomprehensible problem (in my opinion:-)) Heres the whole situation: The error my friend and I are getting is the "files do not match" in response, I sent him my whole LA mod folder (C->programfiles->wizardworks->911FR->mods->lamod) and he copied it over his LA mod folder. So now theoretically shouldn't every file in the mod match? We have had success with unmodded games. I have had the game much longer than he has but since we are able to do unmodded games I assume the problem still lies within the LA mod folder. Any suggestions on what to do from here?

now im suffering from the most incomprehensible problem (in my opinion:-)) Heres the whole situation: The error my friend and I are getting is the "files do not match" in response, I sent him my whole LA mod folder (C->programfiles->wizardworks->911FR->mods->lamod) and he copied it over his LA mod folder. So now theoretically shouldn't every file in the mod match? We have had success with unmodded games. I have had the game much longer than he has but since we are able to do unmodded games I assume the problem still lies within the LA mod folder. Any suggestions on what to do from here?

Was you're friend asked to overwrite files?