Guest SHERIFF05

A few questions

Guest SHERIFF05

Ive been messing around with - re-skinning/uv-mapping, And i have some questions

NOTE = this mod is for personal use only!!!

1 - Lightbars - How do i change them on the cars? - Is that part of the model of the car as built in zmodeler

Or can i change them and swap them out some other way? please let me know

2 - If i wanted to create Multiple cars with the same skins, yet different ligthbars how can I add them in the mod, I know that i must create and package a mod, But if i wanted like 3 versions of a sheriff's car 1 with a vector lightbar, and 2 with regular lightbars how can i add them all so the mod will view them...

NOTE = I have read the modding tutorial and am still referencing to it daily

3 - I am aware on how re-paint the .DDS files, however when i go to the default directory of some of the .DDS files like - Airport police and such the DDS converter does not allow me to convert them, I can only see a few like the lapd charger, & lapd cv, but thats about it, i cannot edit any other .dds, Why not???

Sorry if any of these have been answered i did a search and came up with little information...

SHERIFF

Hi, I can try to help you with your issues...

1. To my knowledge, all ilightbars are built in to the car's model, and the skin... I am not 100% sure if that is true for Hoppah's CV in the LA mod that uses the LED type Lightbar (can't remember the name of it) but I am pretty sure all are in the model otherwise...

2. You have to make different vehicle files for each.. Then you just place the skin and the model with the lightbar of your choice as the skin for that vehicle. I assume you know how to add vehicles, if not,m check the TUT, does a good job at explaining it.

3. That is strange, are you sure you unlocked them in the editor first? That is probably the main problem, if you still have problems after that, send me a PM or something, and I will unlock and send you those skins that you want. Strange occurance though if you unlocked them.

Hope this helps a bit

NFK

Guest SHERIFF05
Hi, I can try to help you with your issues...

1. To my knowledge, all ilightbars are built in to the car's model, and the skin... I am not 100% sure if that is true for Hoppah's CV in the LA mod that uses the LED type Lightbar (can't remember the name of it) but I am pretty sure all are in the model otherwise...

2. You have to make different vehicle files for each.. Then you just place the skin and the model with the lightbar of your choice as the skin for that vehicle. I assume you know how to add vehicles, if not,m check the TUT, does a good job at explaining it.

3. That is strange, are you sure you unlocked them in the editor first? That is probably the main problem, if you still have problems after that, send me a PM or something, and I will unlock and send you those skins that you want. Strange occurance though if you unlocked them.

Hope this helps a bit

NFK

I did unlock them - and i cannot figure out the problem....

Maybe that is it...

Help?? lol

Guest SHERIFF05
well as for the lightbars, they change from mod to mod, and how they do them... it really all depends

Yeah i cannot figure out how to edit them, they are not listed as childs in the editor.....so... idk

And the only child available in the editor concerning lightbars is the MX7000

EDIT

also am i missing something? - In paint i put a green and yellow stripe down the side of the car, and when it was done and i tested it, it turned out to turn TEAL GREEN... is photoshop better for painting with less BLENDING results?? or is that just a problem all around.?

SHERIFF

photoshop is okay for what you are doing if you know how to do it right... use the pencil tool instead of brush, then resize to fit... works best...

and as for the lightbars... they are part of the vehicle model I do beleive...I could be wrong, but the base game does that, and so does Hoppah... so I think that is what is to be done... The lightbar itself is not a child in most cases... The lights however are done in editor...