Xplorer4x4

How To Enable Vehicles For Freeplay?

I am using the map by w00ds. When using the editor I notice some vehicles like a police camaro not listed in freeplay. How can I enable a vehicle for freeplay?

Also, I see the Fire Battalion Chief SUV is set to a 4 passenger limit when looking at its abilities in the editor. However in game I can only put 2 people in there. I am also using the EMS Supervisor SUV mod, and have no problem putting 4 people in it. The only difference I see is in the Task Force Vehicle Type that the EMS is set to Ambulance NEFand the LAFD is set to Firefighters RW. How can i fix this?

Thanks in advance!

well, the amount of people per vehicale can be changed in that unit's xml file..., that should make the seating issue clearer, as for the camaro, that is changed in freeplaybase(or something like that).xml

You should see a bunch listed with releatively the same starting... well when you get to the police ones, you will notice one that sticks out, just remove the things at the front and back, and it is freeplay play-able again!

so, Clear as mud, or did this actually help you a bit?

well, the amount of people per vehicale can be changed in that unit's xml file..., that should make the seating issue clearer

Ok well since the LAFD Supervisor SUV is set to Firefighter RW does that mean I have edit the units.xml in C:\Program Files\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.8\Units\Vehicles\Fire Department\010RW ?

If so the XML says the limit is 3 but i can only seat 2 in the SUV.

As for freeplay thanks that enabled the camaro. Thanks. Now I plan to try to add vehichles to the list that arent in there :P

I am using the map by w00ds. When using the editor I notice some vehicles like a police camaro not listed in freeplay. How can I enable a vehicle for freeplay?

Also, I see the Fire Battalion Chief SUV is set to a 4 passenger limit when looking at its abilities in the editor. However in game I can only put 2 people in there. I am also using the EMS Supervisor SUV mod, and have no problem putting 4 people in it. The only difference I see is in the Task Force Vehicle Type that the EMS is set to Ambulance NEFand the LAFD is set to Firefighters RW. How can i fix this?

Thanks in advance!

For the Police Camaro, open the search here in the forums and search for CHP Camaro and you should find the forum on how to edit the Police Camaro.

Ok well since the LAFD Supervisor SUV is set to Firefighter RW does that mean I have edit the units.xml in C:\Program Files\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.8\Units\Vehicles\Fire Department\010RW ?

If so the XML says the limit is 3 but i can only seat 2 in the SUV.

As for freeplay thanks that enabled the camaro. Thanks. Now I plan to try to add vehichles to the list that arent in there :P

The 010 RW is the 911: First Responders original game file, you need to scroll down where you see actual US fire truck names like firetruck and arialladder etc. 105bcv is the batallion chief I am guessing.

you go into the los angeles mod folder, then vehicles, the the LA fire department on(with a number in front of it... I think it is 03) then go into the ###bcv(I can't remember the number off the top of my head...

The vehicle is placed as a fire RW because it needs to be recognised as some fire vehicle, and hoppah chose the RW, because it is most like the BCV I am assuming... It really means nothing important, just the vehicle's role as recognised by the game engine

Yep but I cant seem to figure out how to correct this. Here is what I have

<unit id="BCV">

<campaign>

<missions value="1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10">

<prototype name="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/battalion_chief_vehicle.e4p" />

<price value="1000" />

<speed value="120" />

<space value="4" />

<loadspace value="0" />

<personnel>

<unit id="BATTALION_CHIEF">

<defaultcount value="1" />

</unit>

<unit id="FF_EMT">

</unit>

<unit id="FF_EMT_SCBA" />

</personnel>

<equipment>

<unit id="FIRE EXTINGUISHER" />

<unit id="AXE" />

</equipment>

</missions>

</campaign>

<freeplay>

<missions value="22">

<prototype name="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/battalion_chief_vehicle.e4p" />

<price value="1000" />

<speed value="120" />

<space value="4" />

<loadspace value="0" />

<personnel>

<unit id="BATTALION_CHIEF">

</unit>

<unit id="FF_EMT">

</unit>

<unit id="FF_EMT_SCBA" />

</personnel>

<equipment>

<unit id="FIRE EXTINGUISHER" />

<unit id="AXE" />

</equipment>

</missions>

</freeplay>

</unit>

jsutton, you will find an xml file in C:\Program Files\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.8\Units\Vehicles\Fire Department\105bcv edit the xml and put the above content in there. I missed a " when editing the code originally, but fixed it above. It works on my game when you send in a BCV however it does not work for the SUV that comes standard at the station when you start the game. This will have to be done in another xml file i assume or in the command editor.

Any more help?

jsutton, you will find an xml file in C:\Program Files\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.8\Units\Vehicles\Fire Department\105bcv edit the xml and put the above content in there. I missed a " when editing the code originally, but fixed it above. It works on my game when you send in a BCV however it does not work for the SUV that comes standard at the station when you start the game. This will have to be done in another xml file i assume or in the command editor.

Any more help?

I didn't know the space was how many it holds or I would of changed those a long time ago.

Any more help?

Hi Xplorer4x4,

I think the problem that you are experiencing is related to the scripting of the Firestationstart.script.

If you go to the firestationstart.script (located in the Los Angeles Mod v1.8/Scripts/Game/Command folder).

First make a backup copy of this file.

Then we will need to edit it.

You will need to right mouse click on the file and select the edit option (if you do not get the edit option select openwith and choose notepad or wordpad)

Now at the top of the screen you should see the edit tab, select and choose goto from the drop down menu.

a box will appear asking for a line number.

put in line number 131 and you should be taken to the following information.

ActorList l6 = Game::GetActors(VO_BATTALION);

for(int i=0; i < l6.GetNumActors(); i++)

{

Vector Battalion = l6.GetActor(0)->GetPosition();

Vehicle m = Game::CreateVehicle(OBJ_BATTALION, UNNAMED);

m.EnableBlueLights(false);

m.SetPosition(Battalion);

m.UpdatePlacement();

m.SetMaxPassengers(2); This number needs to be changed to 4

m.SetSpeed(12.0f);

m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_NEWLIST, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, 4, false);

m.PushActionWait(ACTION_APPEND, 0.5f);

m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, 3, false);

}