Guest Gozozh

Can't save changed config file

hej, I don't know if I can post my question in this topic, but I just do it. Tell me if i'm wrong, cause I'm new here :) . Well here I go:

I saw on hoppah's site that you can hack the camera so that you can zome in/out further. To hack the cemara you had to open "em4.cfg" in word pat, and than change the values. But if I did all that, and wanted to save it I could'nt do that. WHAT'S THE PROBLEM???

gozozh

Edited by pyrothijs

hi...

i have a problem!! i cant download 1.8! well, i can download it, but i cant extract him! SOME DATA IN YOUR ZIP FILE IS DAMAGED. THE CRC IS 7d9cdcc4 BUT SHOUD BE 8c002b31.

^^^ what shoud i do? :O

Topic splitted, the official mod topic is not for problems.

Download issue:

Already tried deleting cookies and temporary internet files?

Game problem:

We are not responsible for your game. Mods are all installed in a seperate folder without overwriting any original gamedata.

You did it yourself.

Topic splitted, the official mod topic is not for problems.

Download issue:

Already tried deleting cookies and temporary internet files?

Game problem:

We are not responsible for your game. Mods are all installed in a seperate folder without overwriting any original gamedata.

You did it yourself.

yes I know, and I was just so glad with your mod. Now I broke the whole game :machkaputt:. I'm not blaming any of you!!! Well I should stop with this now I'm sory for splitting the topic.

P.S. It was'nt a report of a problem, I just wanted to say it. :sorrysign:

@ hoppah

but can you please tell me how to save the "em4.cfg" file, in word pad, after I've changed it, so I can use the camera hack?

You have Vista? and the game in installed in the Program Files folder? Vista UAC prevents you from making changes in the Program Files folder. You can do two things in this case, either disable UAC or install the game on a different folder or even better, partition.

Guest [SAP]Francis
You have Vista? and the game in installed in the Program Files folder? Vista UAC prevents you from making changes in the Program Files folder. You can do two things in this case, either disable UAC or install the game on a different folder or even better, partition.

Disabling UAC is the best idea, as I've disabled it myself and have no more problems :)

ok thanks, I do heve VISTA indeed, and now it works!!!

@ hoppah:

by the way, everyone is talking about your BIG suprise, what ever it would be, I'm looking forward to it! All the things you've made are so good. I'm wondering wy the producers of emrgency, sixteen tons entertaiment, did'nt ask you to join their team. I know your not a programmer, but still they could use you for making nice vehicles or ideas. ;)

respect for what you're doing!

About the Camera Hack again,

Does sombody know the original values of the 'e4_maxcampitch' , 'e4_maxcamz' , 'e4_mincampitch' and the 'e4_mincamz' in the configuration file, cause I want to use the old values from before I changed them, but I forgot! :laugh:

The values that I have now:

e4_maxcampitch" value="80."

"e4_maxcamz" value="3500"

"e4_mincampitch" value="15"

"e4_mincamz" value="100."

Gozozh

Does sombody know the original values of the 'e4_maxcampitch' , 'e4_maxcamz' , 'e4_mincampitch' and the 'e4_mincamz' in the configuration file, cause I want to use the old values from before I changed them, but I forgot! :laugh:

original settings:

<var name="e4_maxcampitch" value="74." />
<var name="e4_maxcamz" value="3500" />
<var name="e4_mincampitch" value="47" />
<var name="e4_mincamz" value="1400." />

There is a work around for the file save issue in Vista.. you save the file in your User folder (whatever your username is inside Users) or in the Documents folder then Copy and paste the file into the Em4 directory. It'll ask you to grant it permissions, but it'll work.