Em3 to Em4

Hello,

First of all sorry for my English, I'm Spanish.

I did some skins for Em3 and now I'm trying to go for Em4. I had 2 problems, the first one was how to import a Em4 model to the Zmodeler only to see how it is, not to modify it (too much for me). I read one post about it and now I know I have to unpak it previously. One question about it: do i have to pak it again? or it doesn't matter?

The second one is how to put a Em3 model in Em4, I have searched a little bit on the forum, but I haven't found anything. I tried using the Em3 modding tutorial on this page about it but the Editor crashes when I try to see the vehicle.

Thanks for your replies,

You don't need to repack it

And to import you need to create a new object or vehicle in editor.

For exemple for a firedep vehicle:

Load Mod -> Vehicles -> Fire Department -> New

For wheels, doors, ... you need to go in objects.

I hope this did help a bit

Thanks! I'll try what you said.

I have remembered other problems:

- When I skin a person, when I save it I don't know what options put on the dds. I think that i do something bad because when I play with them, the persons look very bright, almost white. When I select them they look better, but not correctly.

- There are some parts that I modified that have transparecies. What options do I have to put on the dds to keep them?

You don't need to repack it

And to import you need to create a new object or vehicle in editor.

For exemple for a firedep vehicle:

Load Mod -> Vehicles -> Fire Department -> New

For wheels, doors, ... you need to go in objects.

I hope this did help a bit

I have tried but I think it should be more easy, because this work has already been done in Em3, so I supose that it only is copy&paste, and puting all again...

Em4 doesnt use the same file system as em4... em3 = e3p and em4 e4p and there is now ay to convert them...

- When I skin a person, when I save it I don't know what options put on the dds. I think that i do something bad because when I play with them, the persons look very bright, almost white. When I select them they look better, but not correctly.

- There are some parts that I modified that have transparecies. What options do I have to put on the dds to keep them?

Alpha Explicit or soemthing its called, for the looking bad, jsut put off Alpha Reflections in traits in editor

Guest Axaber
there is now ay to convert them...

:(

Alpha Explicit or soemthing its called, for the looking bad, jsut put off Alpha Reflections in traits in editor

ok, thanks, I'll try them.

Guest lash00t0ut
Em4 doesnt use the same file system as em4... em3 = e3p and em4 e4p and there is now ay to convert them...

cant say that i converted the lamod ambulance and chp cvpi into e4

you would be better off making everything new though the process IS VERY long and painful though

Edit by Hoppah:

Quote tags fixed

:)

It's not possible to convert an .e3p file to .e4p, although they share the same information.

You need to create new .e4p files (copy and rename an existing one is the best option) and edit it in the Emergency 4 editor. You can't edit .e4p files with wordpad (like you could do with .e3p files).

Hoppah

Guest Axaber

I hace tried both:

1- The black continues being black, instead of transparent

2- I can't found Alpha Reflections on de Nvidia window

just put off Alpha Reflections in traits in editor

Guest Axaber

Another question about it, I can only modify it if I have activated one mod, so, then I have to copy another file apart from the dds? What file? de v3o or de e4p?

Guest Axaber

Look, this is what I did 2 months ago for Emergency3. I know it is a Em4 subforum, but I won't open a new post on Em3 subforum only to show the screenshoots.

Ertzaintza - Police of the Basque Country (on the north of Spain). A friend of mine did the police van.

dibujo181az.jpg

I also painted the trains:

AVE 103 (Spanish ICE, they aren't already on service, the are on tests and being biult) - (the firetruck isn't mine)

ave10321az.jpg

Freight locomotive and wagons on spanish railways' (renfe) colours

mercancias43jv.jpg

Now I'm working on the same police for Em4.

Hello, I'm here again.

I finally continued with the skins 2 weeks ago and I finished the trains and the police is more or less finished.

Yesterday, I tried to put de Em3 Ambulance on Em4. I did what Hoppah said: y copied another e4p and I started to modify it. However, when I tried to change the children and I clicked on "edit children" the editor crashed and returned to windows.

I tried with other vehicles and it does always, is not a problem of de new vehicle.

I have searched in the forum but I haven´t found the same problem.

I have an AMD 2600, Ati Radeon 9800 and 1GB of RAM. The Emergency 4 version is 1.3. Should I try with 1.0?

Thaks for your help

Hello, I'm here again.

I finally continued with the skins 2 weeks ago and I finished the trains and the police is more or less finished.

Yesterday, I tried to put de Em3 Ambulance on Em4. I did what Hoppah said: y copied another e4p and I started to modify it. However, when I tried to change the children and I clicked on "edit children" the editor crashed and returned to windows.

I tried with other vehicles and it does always, is not a problem of de new vehicle.

I have an AMD 2600, Ati Radeon 9800 and 1GB of RAM. The Emergency 4 version is 1.3. Should I try with 1.0?

Thaks for your help

If you have msn, send it by private message (PM) and i'll check it because helping out that problem on the forum will be hard :blush:

Guest jumbojet380
Look, this is what I did 2 months ago for Emergency3. I know it is a Em4 subforum, but I won't open a new post on Em3 subforum only to show the screenshoots.

where can we download this mod from ???

Hello, I'm here again.

Thaks for your help

Is there any place that we can download the skins for em3? They look really nice :1046275747_biggthumpup:

Is there any place that we can download the skins for em3? They look really nice :1046275747_biggthumpup:

READ

One post above I already told it

So now first one abusing forum ruels will see a warning added to his account, i've enough of playing police here and telling again and again to read, tos earh or wathever else

Rules are there to be respected and that's it