eyespy900

a little help please

hi i have over the weekend been making a model, it is the furthest i have got in making things. the model and shin is done, i have tried puttin g it into a mod and theunit appears to be half burried in the ground, do know why this has happened, does anyone know how to put this right? i have a screen shot of it compaired to where it should be.

then box with the widows is the correct height.

rthelpcl5.th.jpg

many thanks ***eyespy900***

It's to do with the pivot point, in Zmodeler, select the model; Select/All then right click. Next go to the modify drop down, and look next to the word Move, there is a small grey box, click it, and select the Move Pivot Only box. If you look below your model, you will see some colored lines with arrow heads, one gree one blue, joined by a purple colored box, move the purple box up to just below your model, export and load EM3/4 editor. Select your model in the editor, and click the edit box, in the edit window there are option on the top left which are under Placement; they are, None, Axis Aligned etc, select the last one, Custom, and all should be well. I hope I explained this in some form of helpful fashion!!!!

It's to do with the pivot point, in Zmodeler, select the model; Select/All then right click. Next go to the modify drop down, and look next to the word Move, there is a small grey box, click it, and select the Move Pivot Only box. If you look below your model, you will see some colored lines with arrow heads, one gree one blue, joined by a purple colored box, move the purple box up to just below your model, export and load EM3/4 editor. Select your model in the editor, and click the edit box, in the edit window there are option on the top left which are under Placement; they are, None, Axis Aligned etc, select the last one, Custom, and all should be well. I hope I explained this in some form of helpful fashion!!!!

hi mate, most helpful, many thanks, problem is now solved.

***eyespy900***

hi a little more help and advise needed please.

i have made 2 other new models, once again both are scania's one is a hose layer and one is a pumping appliance.

the problem i am having is, for some unknown reason they rill not scale down to what i need, i have scalled them down, but when i go to editor they are exactly the same size as before rescalling, have tried this about 30 times.

any help would be good, obviously i am doing something wrong, but i cannot find out what.

scaniarpot5.th.jpg

***eyespy900***

dont think it is a problem with em4 editor, it is a problem i am having with zmodeller, whats ur emal address and i will send u the files see if u have any luck

***eyespy900***

I don't mind giving you my mail (see PM), but I don't know how to rescale a model in Z-mod or in the editor. So you'll have to explain that to me before I can take a look at it.

I don't mind giving you my mail (see PM), but I don't know how to rescale a model in Z-mod or in the editor. So you'll have to explain that to me before I can take a look at it.

ok sorry thought u knew zmoddler, i'll have another play with it and see if i can get ot right

many thanks

***eyespy900***

Check to ensure that the model file you are saving is actually saving to the right location, it is possible you are saving the file to a different location than where it belongs in your mod. As a rule for simplicity I try to save them to a folder somewhere else on my computer, then copy them to the location they will be in the mod. The reason is two-fold, it gives you a solid backup somewhere else should you damage the model and it ensures you are modifying the proper model before you attempt to tamper with it. IF the .V3O is exported rescaled it should show up in the editor as changed, regardless of whether or not the prototype 100% done so it is not the editor. I am guessing the vehicle is very oversized, so you have to re-scale it down dramatically to see a difference. Say your model is 2000% larger in the editor, it will continue to show it's self as oversized if you are only re-scaling 10% or so. I had one truck that took up a good quater of the map, took an extreme rescale to make it appear smaller.

goodluck

mike

ok sorry thought u knew zmoddler, i'll have another play with it and see if i can get ot right

many thanks

***eyespy900***

hi mike, i have deleted all exsistance of the model from the mod i am putting it in, checked the scale has been made smaller by 50% of its original size (maybe more) saved the model to desktop, then exported it to fire departent file in the mod, gone in to the unit i am replacing and edited the model location to point to the new model, and unfortunatly it remains totally unchanged still well over sized.

do you have zmoddler? can you look at the model for me?

***eyespy900***

yes attach just the model I will look at it.

hi mike, i have deleted all exsistance of the model from the mod i am putting it in, checked the scale has been made smaller by 50% of its original size (maybe more) saved the model to desktop, then exported it to fire departent file in the mod, gone in to the unit i am replacing and edited the model location to point to the new model, and unfortunatly it remains totally unchanged still well over sized.

do you have zmoddler? can you look at the model for me?

***eyespy900***