Guest Cop2Be

DDS Converter Help

So I have tried to convert many vehicle files to .bmp and .jpeg but it doesn't convert. Syas there is an error. How do I edit them in gimp if i cant convert?

Have you copied the file and moved it away from its 'home folder' (the folder where the file is supposed to be in)?

I am assuming you are trying to modify one of the mod's textures, hopefully you have permission... Most of those files were packaged to keep down on space. If this is the case, let me know.

Guest Colonel

http://www.irfanview.com/

One of best image viewer, it can open the most kinds of image files. 

If you want convert dds to jpg/bmp (bmp is better for textures) simply open image, press "s" button (save as) and choose bmp format.

But it´s problem with converting back to dds. irfanview can´t encode files back to dds, so you can rename file extension bmp to dds. It really isn´t very good, but maybe it will work.

EDIT:there are many plugins, so search and you will find :schreiben:

sorry about my bad english...

But it´s problem with converting back to dds. irfanview can´t encode files back to dds, so you can rename file extension bmp to dds. It really isn´t very good, but maybe it will work.

Nope it won't, you can't convert files extensions by just renaming it... It's quite impossible, that's why you need a converter =/