Guest Maz

VERY laggy gameplay

Hi guys,

New to this forum :)

Im having a lot of problems, especially when playing mods with laggy/choppy gameplay.

I dont think my computer is the problem as it should meet requirements quite fine.

When loading a mod it takes like 10 mins at least before the mod is loaded, then the laggyness starts. I have tried reinstalling a thousand times so this shouldn't be a problem either.

Really hope someone can help me!

I am not sure if you mean ONLINE (Multiplayer) or Singleplayer.... I read the specs of your computer and it should'nt be taking that long.

A few questions since I am honestly too tired to read your whole DX Diag, it is easier to just ask you flat you. I am sorry for that.

The long load time for the mod being loaded isnt something which there can be much done about, some mods take a while to load, it has to do with the size and whether or not the files are compressed, if they are not it typically takes less time to load.

The laggy gameplay if it is in SP is a problem indeed since your computer clearly should not be lagging like that.

Is it just emergency that runs laggy or is it other games/apps too? Is the game installed on your primary Hard Disk (not on a secondary for example)?

Did you change any of the settings on your video card and/or have you tried updating the drivers recently, sometimes it is due to bad drivers that you'll notice problems in some games but not others.

Lastly, restart your computer and shut down all background apps except the raw essentials to run windows, everything else that is added shut down and try playing the game and see if it's still laggy (offline if you can).

I will try to read your whole DX Diag if your answers are what I expect them to be, which means somewhere there is a problem that is probrably in the DX file.

Stan Noticed your computer is a notebook, unfortunately most notebooks are not really designed for games so that may be why you are having problems. I have had two notebooks that have played emergency first responders fine on them but apparently I am the exception to the rule.

First of all, thanks alot for taking your time to reply to my request.

It is only Emergency 4 im having problems with. All other games run smoothly without any problems what so ever. The lag issue is worse in multiplayer than in singleplayer, and especially worse trying to run mods like winterberg, LA etc.

I have also tried closing all background programs as you said without any results at all unfortunately.

I'm not on a notebook though?! I dont know how to read the DXDIAG, but it's certainly not a notebook?!

Driver's has been updated as well etc. Actually i bought this new computer just to be able to play emergency...

I hope you can help me out :)

I think Stan only looked at the first part of the machine name. HP pavillion are mostly notebooks, but they also have desktop versions (such as yours).

I read in your DXDIAG file you have Windows Vista as an operating system. In our EM4 GAME FAQ we have a special section about using Emergency and Vista. Maybe you could try to apply the tips given there. Maybe it will work.

I have had two notebooks that have played emergency first responders fine on them but apparently I am the exception to the rule.

No you're not the only exception, it works for me too (luckely) :D

greetz,

Edited by pyrothijs

Unfortunately, I just glanced through his DX diag, so I took stan at his word on it since I was too tired... Vista is a resource hog but it still should not take that long to load a SP game. The multiplayer games are heavilly influenced by the quality of everyone's games. in most cases you will find yoursef sitting and waiting for the computers to synchronize for a decent amount of time. Especially with the larger mods available, remember that every single file MUST be loaded, most of which are packaged (compressed) to save space in the mod installer files, which adds to the load time. Online you really can't do much about the lag since that depends on all parties playing the game together, or there could be a router setting or isp setting limiting bandwidth, etc.. I can't really say for sure... The SP game should take maybe 3 minutes maximum to load with a mod, and once loaded it should be fairly stable with your computer, there may be a setting somewhere in your nvidia CP that you can change that might help some, but I am not 100% sure, so I would check the vista information and ensure you have tried all those tips as well.