Newfoundking

SOLVED Editor problem

Okay, I have tried many many a time to edit the Freeplay map in 911 FR editor. Now I have the LA Mod units and Freeplay map I am editing for personal use. I can move objects around and do whatever, but when I try to add new objects the game decides it doesn't want me to and decides it is going to die on me. So then I am left with a frozen screen. Can anyone help me.. .And I have checked every single system Spec that the editor wants. I am fully up to date, surpassing everything it needs, I can do everything in editor just not edit that map. I also have a question related to this. In editor how exactly would I add on 3 more water cannons to Hoppah's LAFD Fire boat, or is it not possible to have 4 working cannons, Because they are there view wise in editor, but don't show up in game... can anyone explain??

And I can't get screen shots or video of the editor map problem, it will not let me run the program, and if I do, I lose all info when the editor freezes, leaving me with another failed attemp, and it takes me a good 20 minutes to get the map open(from time I click 911: FR editor)

Strange :( I think this will be the first issue I cannot resolve lol

The only thing I could think of is that your system runs out of resources or something but... maybe you could post the logfile? As the editor uses the same logfile as the game :)

I know that, I figured it out my self though...

You couldn't figure it out, becuase I was running it strangely...

I had it installed on my computer... then I networked it to the others, and I was using the good(best) computer to run Em4... It had to go through the network to get the files, so it took longer, and the map would freeze because of that problem too, I installed it on my Portable HD and hooked it up to the good computer and then ran it from there, Editor loads LA mod 1.7 (with my changes) right to the Freeplay map, including the mod initializing time, in just under 3 minutes from the time I double click editor.

The game now loads from time I click Em4.exe to LA mod freeplay Mod initializing time included is 5 minutes... it would take that long to see the intro video before

so the problem is fixed... I know not to do that again with 16t games :P

You can do whatever to this now, Problem solved

PS

the logfile had nothing, it would look normal just alot slower, then it would die off when I ctrl-alt-del'd it off