Guest Rickybobby88

Help! 911 First Responders Issue

Guest Rickybobby88

Alright I have an issue with my game. I just purchased this game two days ago and love it. However, I can only play for about 25 minutes and then it shuts down and I have to start all over unless I save frequently. I get a driver error about some igfx driver. I am currently running Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium and do have the game running the older windows 2000 to help operate better. I have also lowered screen resolution for the game to 800x600 which did give me a longer time to play but has not been much longer.

Any suggestions would be great?

I also would like to play this game without it being in full screen. I did see the forum about that and I tried changing the code and it would not allow me to save the changes.

Thanks in advance,

Rick

Alright I have an issue with my game. I just purchased this game two days ago and love it. However, I can only play for about 25 minutes and then it shuts down and I have to start all over unless I save frequently. I get a driver error about some igfx driver. I am currently running Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium and do have the game running the older windows 2000 to help operate better. I have also lowered screen resolution for the game to 800x600 which did give me a longer time to play but has not been much longer.

Any suggestions would be great?

I also would like to play this game without it being in full screen. I did see the forum about that and I tried changing the code and it would not allow me to save the changes.

Thanks in advance,

Rick

How about updating your drivers then?

Guest Rickybobby88

Not a clue of how to do that. I just had to restore my whole computer to factory settings before I purchased this game. So it's set up like it was when I purchased the computer in June 2007

Operating System: Windows Vistaā„¢ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_gdr.071023-1545)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Sony Corporation

System Model: VGN-FE880E

BIOS: Phoenix NoteBIOS 4.0 Release 6.1

Processor: IntelĀ® CoreĀ™2 CPU T5500 @ 1.66GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.7GHz

Memory: 2038MB RAM

Card name: Mobile IntelĀ® 945 Express Chipset Family

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: IntelĀ® GMA 950

DAC type: Internal

Display Memory: 224 MB

Dedicated Memory: 0 MB

Driver Version: 7.14.0010.1295 (English)

Driver Date/Size: 6/26/2007 09:53:54, 2555904 bytes

You just told me you have the newest drivers, this ain't true for your graphic card:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Des...on&lang=eng

Ver:15.8.3.1504

Date:6/26/2008

Yours is a year older and is version 7....

Other things:

Disable your antivirus while playing and disable User Account Control UAC. Go to /911 First Responders, right click the directory and give full rights to everyone. If it is read only, make it write and read enabled.

If this all doesn't work you can try to play the game on once cpu core. Run the game then hit CTRL ALT DEL right click the proces and change affinities to one core.

There ain't more to do... you are using a laptop and It will probably never play 100% correctly if this doesn't work.

At the moment much graphic extensions are disabled. This might be due to the fact it's an on board graphic card or due to the old drivers. If you are really lucky, they will work upon graphic drivers update.

Guest Rickybobby88
Operating System: Windows Vistaā„¢ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_gdr.071023-1545)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Sony Corporation

System Model: VGN-FE880E

BIOS: Phoenix NoteBIOS 4.0 Release 6.1

Processor: IntelĀ® Core2 CPU T5500 @ 1.66GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.7GHz

Memory: 2038MB RAM

Card name: Mobile IntelĀ® 945 Express Chipset Family

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: IntelĀ® GMA 950

DAC type: Internal

Display Memory: 224 MB

Dedicated Memory: 0 MB

Driver Version: 7.14.0010.1295 (English)

Driver Date/Size: 6/26/2007 09:53:54, 2555904 bytes

You just told me you have the newest drivers, this ain't true for your graphic card:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Des...onāŒ©=eng

Ver:15.8.3.1504

Date:6/26/2008

Yours is a year older and is version 7....

Other things:

Disable your antivirus while playing and disable User Account Control UAC. Go to /911 First Responders, right click the directory and give full rights to everyone. If it is read only, make it write and read enabled.

If this all doesn't work you can try to play the game on once cpu core. Run the game then hit CTRL ALT DEL right click the proces and change affinities to one core.

There ain't more to do... you are using a laptop and It will probably never play 100% correctly if this doesn't work.

At the moment much graphic extensions are disabled. This might be due to the fact it's an on board graphic card or due to the old drivers. If you are really lucky, they will work upon graphic drivers update.

It said that the download is not authorized for this computer. It said I have to download using my manufacturers website and the most updated version on sony's website is version 7 unless your able to find it on the site. I searched and searched and could not find it. I will try disabling uac and virus protection and see if it allows me to play longer. If you find a more updated version on sony's website let me know. Thanks.

Guest Rickybobby88

I thought about changing screen resolution hoping that would fix the issue as well. i saw a previous post about that and tried changing the resolution using notepad and it would not allow me to save the changes. Any suggestions there?

Manufacturer downloads:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-list....E880E&LOC=3

direct link to your manufacturers drivers update:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-downl...33&os_id=28

If above links do not work do this:

http://www.sony.com

Click support

Click Drivers/Software

Option 1: Model VGN-FE880E

Click Continue

Click updates

Select 03/07/2008 Video Mobile IntelĀ® 945 Express Chipset Family Graphics Driver Update - Resolves multiple issues. See more..