hunter42

Editor crash

I'm trying to follow Hoppah's siren editor but when i try to use the editor, it keeps crashing. I can get to:

"Add the following two commands to all vehicles which must have the new siren commands

- VCmdSiren and VCmdAutoSirenOff."

But when i click edit after selecting the vehicle from the prototypes menu, it tells me to select a mod package (i hadn't actually selected any mainly because i forgot). So i went to select a mod and selected Emergency 4 (it's the original game i want to edit), but i keep getting the same message. So i try L.A mod and N.L mod, but upon selecting them, the editor immediatly crashes :( Does anyone know why and how i can fix it?

EDIT: i'm reinstalling to see what happens

EDIT: Ok, it loaded up L.A mod once, then when i tried to switch to emergency 4 it crashed. Now it just crashes when i try to load any mod :(

Ok, i reinstalled the game again, deleted the folder left behind, reinstalled the game and installed the Belgium mod instead.

Started the editor, selected the Belgium mod, was able to access the edit feature after placing a vehicle. I then tried to go back to EM4, and it crashed.

Oh yeah, i didn't bother looking at the siren script guide this time to see what happened.

I know this is a REALLY stupid question, but EM4 counts as a 'package' doesn't it?

logfile.txt

I believe it does, but I will check your logfile to see if I see a cause... The original game is more of the "default" mod by how the game handles it I think.

Access violation @ 7c911f6c

That is associated with another file too, the nvidia driver so you may want to ensure your drivers are up to date and also how old is your ram in your computer, may seem like a weird questions but I wonder if your memory isnt dead or dying, i used to have a computer where MS games would cause it to crash due to a bad chip.

That is associated with another file too, the nvidia driver so you may want to ensure your drivers are up to date and also how old is your ram in your computer, may seem like a weird questions but I wonder if your memory isnt dead or dying, i used to have a computer where MS games would cause it to crash due to a bad chip.

I'll check to see if my drivers are up to date. I hope it has nothing to do with the ram - it's only about 6 or 7 months old

EDIT: updating my drivers, should i delete the old logfile before starting up EM4 editor again?

I am pretty sure the logfile updates after every load but I am not sure, if it is only a few months old for your ram it should not be the ram then... I hope. Go ahead and run again after you've tried to update the drivers, the only other thing if it isnt hardware would be a possible software conflict.

I did the same thing as last time, and the game crashed again. I noticed the error has changed to Access violation @ 00705dbe

How do you figure out these errors? or is it more of a general troubleshoot?

EDIT: Actually, the logfile now says Access violation @ 7c910f29

logfile.txt