Hoppah

What other games do play or have you played on your computer?

Hmm. That's weird. Shouldn't know any reason why a game wouldn't detect your RAM.

Which may be possible is that all your RAM is taken by a suspicious piece of software (Trojans use to do that).

If you open your Task Manager, it shows a green symbol showing your Memory Usage. Try it once, if that is too high, check why that is.

Well I usually have several other things running as well but I already checked Task Manager. Even with everything, less than 30% of my total Physical Memory was being used and like 5% of my CPU.

I'm not 100% sure here, but let me ask you this:

What's the format of your RAM?

If it's a more modern format, the game might not know how to handle more advanced RAM and therefor may think there isn't any at all. My theory anyway

Well I have W7 and one of the newest Alienwares so it probably is pretty new... but Zoo Tycoon is a MS Game Studios product anyway, and I've set it's compatibility to XP SP 2 so it should work. I think it's SATA-II but I'm not sure (is that RAM lol?)

Well I have W7 and one of the newest Alienwares so it probably is pretty new... but Zoo Tycoon is a MS Game Studios product anyway, and I've set it's compatibility to XP SP 2 so it should work. I think it's SATA-II but I'm not sure (is that RAM lol?)

No, that's your hard drive. Here's a picture of a RAM module computer-ram.jpg

The most common is DDR2, but more recently, PC's have been bought with DDR3. These may cause problems because the way they handle memory is different at each format

Hmm that's what I thought. Well the RAM specs must be on the third sheet (which I can't find) so the only other thing I found even close was Nero but that's not it I think.

Runnig DxDiag will give you basic information on your computer (Don't know how to do so on W7, but on XP it was Start->Run->Dxdiag)

Or get SISoftware Sandra lite which gives you more detailed information.

Google really only returns two possible solutions that I found:

1. Open the start menu

2. Click Run...

3. Type 'msconfig' and hit ENTER

4. Look for the Boot tab (this should be the 2nd tab from the left)

5. Click Advanced Options...

6. Tick the box beside Maximum Memory and set the number to a high amount (I set mine to 4096)

7. Reboot and run Zoo Tycoon 2 again

or

This error was the same that I had. Basically there is a known issue with the game and all expansion packs prior to African Adventure; it will not recognize your ram if it is above 2GB.

The only solution (because M$ never made a patch to fix it) is to buy the Ultimate box or the African Adventure expansion.

Both solutions appeared to be for Vista 64-bit, but I suppose it could apply to W7 users too.

Runnig DxDiag will give you basic information on your computer (Don't know how to do so on W7, but on XP it was Start->Run->Dxdiag)

Or get SISoftware Sandra lite which gives you more detailed information.

Works the same. Apparently I have 9216 MB of RAM.

Damn, I got my ZT2 free lol (thank you, Kellogg's :P) Oh well, I wanted newer ones anyway.

Recently bought GTA:Chinatown wars on iPod. I think it's totally worth £5.99 although I can't stop doing drug runs lol. Only done about 5 missions :)

Gonna start playing Need for Speed Carbon again, and try to unpack the game to retexture the police cars (might not bother tbh, better off doing reskins in EM4 really).

Bought the collectors edition too and I really don't know what the 4 unique cars are that are available to me lol :(

off topic: I just clicked on Ami's support banner about the parade thing and now i really want a bandwich :P

makingsub.JPG

Except for that horrible rabbit food coming out the bottom, and the tomatoes, it's perfect. Now I just need to go to St.Louis and get one.

LOL Bandwiches are amazing. They're better with lettuce/tomatoes :tongue:

Which reminds me, orders are due on Monday... guess I'm not gonna meet my goal of selling 150. Maybe next time. I haz brilliant marketing strategy.

If you really want one, I wouldn't charge you for it, but you'd have to pay for shipping :P

I'm a huge fan of the Total War series. Only one I don't have is Medieval: Total War, the expansion for Shogun and the expansion to Empire: Total War.

I also love the Silent Hunter series. I have 3 and 4 on my computer. Ubisoft screwed up with the DRM for SH5, so I haven't gotten that yet. Yay for companies driving legal owners of their games to download cracks to make the game playable! I have that problem with GTA: IV as well. For the life of me I can't get Securlauncher or whatever it's called to work. I've tried every fix out there (there were some problems with Visual Basic and NET Framework, but I tried everything). It worked fine on my old XP rig. Too bad really, I wanted to try out the LCPD: First Response mod, where you play as the police.

Anywho, I really don't play games for very long :P I loose interest and find a new one. Then I pick it up a few months later.

Lately I´m playing World in Conflict , I think that is one of the best games; I play Assassins creed II and Bad Company 2 multiplayer. I have Silent Hunter III and I want buy Silent Hunter 5 and Tom Clancy´s Hawx 2. I have GTA 4 but It doesn´t work because I think that I need Service Pack 3. I have Search and Rescue, some Lego games...

Finally I have the new Medal of Honor and today I´ll install it. :schreiben:

Lately I´m playing World in Conflict , I think that is one of the best games; I play Assassins creed II and Bad Company 2 multiplayer. I have Silent Hunter III and I want buy Silent Hunter 5 and Tom Clancy´s Hawx 2. I have GTA 4 but It doesn´t work because I think that I need Service Pack 3. I have Search and Rescue, some Lego games...

Finally I have the new Medal of Honor and today I´ll install it. :schreiben:

In my opinion you should wait with SH5 until Ubisoft releases a patch that takes away the DRM. As it is now you have to be connected to the Ubisoft server to play, and alot of people are having problems with that. The games just stops as you're playing because it's lost the connection with Ubisoft, and you have to save and restart the damn thing first.

Oh I do belive my list is filled with so much junk :P

EM 1,2,3,4 (Ofc, I also had 2012... But that flew in the trash)

Sims 3 (all exp)

Sims Medieval (I really don't know why)

Construction Simulator (I had alot of fun with that, now it won't work :P)

Spiderman (It was fun to swing from building to building for a while, then I got tired)

GTA 4

GTA SA

Neverwinter Nights 2

Fallout (all exp)

Fallout: New Vegas

Hitman (All)

CS (I know it is there, but don't know where)

Flight Simulator X :P ( I have a shitload of simulator games)

Tow Truck Simulator

Ship Simulator

Destruction Simulator

Train Simulator

Fork Lift Simulator

Blaster Simulator

Driving Simulator

Theme Hospital (Who does not love that game xD)

Black & White 2 (I love to play GOD :P)

I know theres alot more, but right now my computer is sick.. So I will have to check it later :P

chrisblaalid, if you like jumping from buildings you should play assassins creed, I really liked climbing buildings and jumping from there, but I'd say that the game went worse from 3rd :(

And I like ships so I want to get ship simulator extremes, I only have the demo...