Newfoundking

Guess the Emergency Vehicle Challenge

I was looking through Candaian FD's and found a pic of a FF in a yellow helmet that was labeled St. Johns Regional FD. then I looked up the the department's patch and it looked similar to the one on the door so I guessed that.

take a guess at this one

I want the location and department name, and I took this pic from online so I know it's online, but I will tell you that one of the places that has the pic has the department wrong.

Hint: look closley at the pic, there's somthing that should give it away.

two hints;

1) the rig has markings similar to the ones on Green Tree's rigs

2) compare it to anyother heavy rescue and you should see what makes it unique.

oh well can you please win this one now, I'm really curiosu, and we miss you in the game as well... BTW, how many fires are still burning? or are they getting under control now. 1 more Question, are these like Arson or what, or do you not know yet?

last i heard on the news they were human caused. dont know if intentional or not.

my guess: The Town With Green and White Fire Trucks That Looks Cold :D

Mike found the site with the wrong FD name, but he can have it if he wants it. other wise I'll go again He says it's my turn again, my new pic will be here soon. Must say, I'm a little proud to actually be the first one have beaten Mike

617greenwoodlake.jpg

Anwser:Green Wood Lake fire department Rescue 617

Greenwood Lake NY

the hint about comparing it to another heavy rescue was that it's only a 14' walkaround compared to the traditional 18' walkaround, so it's a mini-heavy rescue, and the only one I know of or could find.

Well, I know it's EmergyCare and from Northeastern PA

I'll get you the exact in town in a bit

--Well I'm gonna say it's from Warren, PA--

(At least that's what the engine in back looks like)

I know it's not from Erie

Yep, Medic 93 a Paramedic Response unit from Emergycare of Warren, Station 30

Well, I know it's EmergyCare and from Northeastern PA

I'll get you the exact in town in a bit

--Well I'm gonna say it's from Warren, PA--

(At least that's what the engine in back looks like)

I know it's not from Erie

Yep, Medic 93 a Paramedic Response unit from Emergycare of Warren, Station 30

yes it is.

Its a bigger City not on the west coast, the big clue will be the patch

Actually the big clue goes back to my list, this one is a pretty easy one if you look at the details.

Some things that stand out:

1. Size of the numbers on the door
  2. Patch/Logo on the door.
  3. Paint scheme, do you see how the roll up doors are silver, not painted?
  4. Aluminum ladders vs wood ladders
  5. Cities name is written on the nose.
  6. Straight white stripe, many other depts have a Z pattern
  7. Notice the numbering, 1, 3, 9, 24, 26... That makes this a larger department then most and these rigs are all identical so that makes it a rather large single purchase.
  8. Make and Model of the rig. That was how i found the other one so easily that FF111 posted, the same can be done with this one as well.
  9. Notice the writing in the white stripe too. While you can't make it out easily on the rear door, look at the other pics you come across and you can eliminate those that do not have that.

And now you also know that it isn't a West coast city, which narrows things down.

Let me give you an example of why this is NOT an LAFD rig so that you can see how to rule out some pics.

1. LAFD does not have numbers on rear door, but has the city name instead
  2. LAFD city logo looks nothing like the one on these rigs.
  3. LAFD has all painted doors
  4. LAFD uses all Wood ladders, which is a great key since so few departments do
  5. LAFD writes the apparatus number on the nose under the windshield on Engines, not the cities name and does not have the smaller number on the angle under the Captains side.
  6. LAFD uses the Z pattern
  7. Numbering wont help you rule out LAFD on this one...
  8. Make and model of the rig. LAFD uses only Pierce and Seagrave engines, this is not a Pierce or Seagrave.
  9. LAFD writes CLASS 1 on the rear door of their rigs in most years, and rarely anything on the front door which isnt what you see on these.

To determine make/model of the rigs, look at key things like shape of windows, side mirrors, bumper, grille, and the cab.

All it takes is noticing those little details and not trying to find the exact one, but being able to quickly and easily rule out the ones that aren't correct until you do find the one department that matches.

Mike

--

P.s As for beating me, well I wouldn't be so cocky about that. I went to the manufacturer of the rig and that's who they said purchased and delivered it to. It's not exactly incorrect as the department is like the Los Angeles County Fire Department. While most people know it as the Los Angeles County Fire Department, the actual official name is Los Angeles County Fire Protection District which is how we also provide Fire/EMS service to a city in Orange County. Greenwood Lake is the same thing, their colloquial FD name is the Green Wood Lake fire department, but their administrative body is the Greenwood Lake Joint Fire District. Same department, same address, same people, just slightly different name.