kab012345

6 911 Issues

Well, I'm posting to see if anyone knows how I can solve any of these issues while I wait for Atari Support to respond.. :wall: Here is the excerpt from the two support tickets exactly as I sent them, hopefully someone knows about any of them..

1. Every time I try to load a saved game, when the bar is full and its done loading, it acts like its about to show the scene by blinking the screen black, but instead of returning me to the game I saved that I have just attempted to load for play, it will close the game and return me to Windows. I have tried multiple times and it just keeps doing this, which is rather annoying.

2. Also, when I try to save a game, it freezes and the program stops responding and I have to open the Windows Task Manager and click on "End Task".

3. If a window pops up on my desktop, it will also close in the middle of a game.

4. The game also changes the resolution of my screen and makes it brighter. I also cannot

5. When I click on my Middle Mouse button and move the mouse around the screen, it does not turn but rather lags it. Is there a way I can change what what button(s) are used to rotate the screen? Otherwise, is there a way I can fix this in my Operating System's Control Panel via the Mouse settings/features? This is a MANDATORY feature that I MUST get to work in order to successfully complete many of the missions, which is why I have already failed a few because I could not see the victim around a building.

6. *NEW ISSUE!* I have successfully installed a MOD, the LA MOD. Instead of letting me play it when I try to load it, it freezes and the program stops responding instantly and I have to open the Windows Task Manager and click on "End Task".

Please help me with my 5 (NOW 6) issues, otherwise this game was a waste of money, and it was really fun to play, if not all of these technical issues I have been experiencing. I have had the game a little over 2 days now, and there is still much more for me to unlock, and play with my friends online.

I will also be happy to provide anymore information about my OS you need to help me fix these issues I an experiencing.

Guest Dacop
Well, I'm posting to see if anyone knows how I can solve any of these issues while I wait for Atari Support to respond.. :wall: Here is the excerpt from the two support tickets exactly as I sent them, hopefully someone knows about any of them..

You should try the basics if you havn't already - update drivers and so on.

I believe I have a solution to the sixth issue though. Just wait. I have a pretty good computer and it still takes a good while (over a minute) for the LA Mod to load so just be patient.

Hey,

this sounds to be more of a problem with a computer than issues originating from 911.

I've been in different forums about this game for a long time, and I've never heard of this issues.

Please add some more details, i.e. CPU, RAM, Grapic Card and especially your version of Windows.

This makes it easy to find out what your problem is ;)

CPU like in Central Processing Unit, or short, your Processor.

That one -> Intel Core Duo E6400 :)

Are you using an user account with restricted rights in WinXP, or do you have administrator privileges?

Please check this, maybe this causes your Load and Save problems.

Also, which kind of Anti Virus and Personal Firewall are you using?

I just run games as the administrator across the board on all games to ensure that there is no issue resulting from that end, so take that advice, what is your CPU speed clocked at? you have listed the model but the speed would be of help too... like 1.5GHZ 2.0GHZ etc....

Disable the making of screenshots when saving you can do that in your config file by changing the value of screenshots to 0. I cant tell you the exact line as I'm at school right now.

Sorry for the late response.

For the LA MOD, I didn't let it load long enough since I thought Not Responding in the WTM meant it crashed and really just meant loading.

Yes, I am a computer Administrator.

I'll try disabling screen shots, but could someone tell me the line and file please?

I use Windows Firewall. I also have Trend Micro Anti Virus and Webroot Spy Sweeper, and I have other-type programs. I haven't run them lately though, but that could affect which of the issues?

EDIT: Oh, and thh speed.. Uh, well, I forgot where I can go and see my System Information in that panel through Run.. and its not on the front of the computer, but I know its somewhere in the high 2 or 3 range I believe.

Still no reply from Atari Support. Hmm.. :1046275947_director:

I'll try disabling screen shots, but could someone tell me the line and file please?

In your Emergency/911 FR directory, there should be a .cfg file, perhaps called em4.cfg or em4deluxe.cfg or something like that.

Look for

name="e4_make_screenshot" value="1"

and change the value from 1 to 0. :)

I use Windows Firewall. I also have Trend Micro Anti Virus and Webroot Spy Sweeper, and I have other-type programs. I haven't run them lately though, but that could affect which of the issues?

Have you tried to close ALL open programs which are not absolutely needed before starting Emergency?

Emergency has never been developed to the end, or at least it seems like this, so there are some really strange bugs and this might help you with your problem :)

EDIT: Oh, and thh speed.. Uh, well, I forgot where I can go and see my System Information in that panel through Run.. and its not on the front of the computer, but I know its somewhere in the high 2 or 3 range I believe.

Press Windows Key + Break (above Page up), this should take you to the System properties tab from windows. Your CPU should work at 2.13 GHz :)