Guest mmitch230

Crashes to Windows also

Guest mmitch230

So I downloaded 911: First Responders from the Atari website. Everything downloaded fine and seemed to install properly. When I went to start the game it prompted me to put in my Activation Code to unlock the game. I had my girlfriend foward me the confirmation e-mail as she bought the game for me for my birthday. I got her e-mail put in the code and the game unlocked. Everything seemed to be going smoothly until I actually tried to play the game. Just like the other person had stated I start the game and with in seconds it crashed right back to the desktop with no message. I looked to see if I had the samsum pc program but I don't, I only have Samsung YP-55. Could this be causing my problem? If not what else do you think it could be. I also e-mailed Atari on this but I highly doubt they will be much help. Thanks.

Hi, Welcome on our forums

Atari Support is off on holliday until 07/01 if I remember right :) Well in all cases a part of it.

About the problem. Take a look in /911: First Responders/ is there a file called logfile.txt? if there is, please upload it.

Stan

Guest mmitch230
Hi, Welcome on our forums

Atari Support is off on holliday until 07/01 if I remember right :) Well in all cases a part of it.

About the problem. Take a look in /911: First Responders/ is there a file called logfile.txt? if there is, please upload it.

Stan

Here it is.

logfile.txt

Guest mmitch230
Has to do with your resolution. What resolution do you have? Do you have a widescreen monitor?

My monitor is a Compaq 7600(Not a wide Screen) The resolution I have it set for is 800 by 600 pixels. I don't know if any of that helps if you need more info let me know. Thanks for the help.

Hi,

Go to C:\Program Files\Atari\911: First Responders and open up your configuration file ending on .cfg

For emergency 4: em4.cfg

For Emergency 4 Deluxe: em4d.cfg

For 911: First Responders I ain't sure, but would be happy to know :)

Search for:

<var name="r_xres" value="1024" />

<var name="r_yres" value="768" />

Change to:

<var name="r_xres" value="800" />

<var name="r_yres" value="600" />

And save :)

Guest mmitch230
Hi,

Go to C:\Program Files\Atari\911: First Responders and open up your configuration file ending on .cfg

For emergency 4: em4.cfg

For Emergency 4 Deluxe: em4d.cfg

For 911: First Responders I ain't sure, but would be happy to know :)

Search for:

<var name="r_xres" value="1024" />

<var name="r_yres" value="768" />

Change to:

<var name="r_xres" value="800" />

<var name="r_yres" value="600" />

And save :)

Well I found what you told me to look for. For 911: it's stil called em4.cfg......now my problem is I dont have the program to open it! AHHHHHHHH its never ending.

Guest mmitch230
Well I found what you told me to look for. For 911: it's stil called em4.cfg......now my problem is I dont have the program to open it! AHHHHHHHH its never ending.

I also reconfigured my resolution to 1024 by 768.. that didnt work either

Guest mmitch230
Hmm,

Does your monitor have drivers? And are your graphic drivers up to last version?

Please provide full cpu specs. i'm going to contact Atari depending on your answears of the questions above ;)

I'm not that computer savy so I'll give you everything in my System and Display under the control panel.

System:

Microsoft Windows XP

Home Edition

Version 2002

Service Pack 2

Display Propery:

Settings:

800 by 600 pixels

Color quality: High (24 bit)

DPI setting: Normal size (96 DPI)

Adapter Type: Intel® 82810E Graphics Controller

Chip type: Intel® 82810

DAC Type: Internal

Memory Size: 4 MB

Adapter String: Intel® 82810 Graphics Controller

Bios InformationL 2553

I also have Java and Java plug in.

I dont know if any of that helps. Let me know if you need any other specific info and I'll get it to you ASAP. Thanks again for you help and patients!

I doubt the game will ever run on your system. Here the min specs of the game

System Requirements:

1.7 GHz processor

512 MB RAM

Operating system: Windows 2000/XP

DirectX 9-compatible AGP Graphic card. NVIDIA GeForce3 or equivalent chip set with 64 MB RAM

DirectX9-compatible soundcard (DirectX 9.0c is included on the CD)

CD-ROM or DVD drive (the original CD-ROM must remain in the drive at all times when playing the game)

Mouse

1 GB free hard disk space

ISDN for Multiplayer Mode

DSL for server operation in Multiplayer Mode

Game calls for 64MB of Video ram. you have 4mb.

Guest mmitch230
I doubt the game will ever run on your system. Here the min specs of the game

System Requirements:

1.7 GHz processor

512 MB RAM

Operating system: Windows 2000/XP

DirectX 9-compatible AGP Graphic card. NVIDIA GeForce3 or equivalent chip set with 64 MB RAM

DirectX9-compatible soundcard (DirectX 9.0c is included on the CD)

CD-ROM or DVD drive (the original CD-ROM must remain in the drive at all times when playing the game)

Mouse

1 GB free hard disk space

ISDN for Multiplayer Mode

DSL for server operation in Multiplayer Mode

Game calls for 64MB of Video ram. you have 4mb.

Can i upgrade to 64MB??

Maybe you have to take your pc to computer store and check but might not be worth it depends on how much memory and what processor you have. With a 4mb video card I doubt the rest of your system meets specs. I have not seen a 4mb card in years.

Guest mmitch230
Maybe you have to take your pc to computer store and check but might not be worth it depends on how much memory and what processor you have. With a 4mb video card I doubt the rest of your system meets specs. I have not seen a 4mb card in years.

well this totally sucks...wasted money and i cant play the game...i was really looking foward to playing it to. it looks great

Guest mmitch230
Ok I thought I got all of that. Ill get you more tomorrow when I get home from work.

ok here is the only thing under general i didnt put

Supported By

Intel® Celeron CPU

1400MHz

1.40 GHz

84 MB of RAM

Hi,

- Your processor: could use 3ghz more

- Your RAM: needs about +- 350mb more

- Your video card: Is not in the list you gave but well, I suspect it to be at same lavel so i would recommend a new one too.

I don't know your budget, or what you earn a month (not really interested in knowing either) but PC prices went down quite much. At least a PC that should run emergency 4 should be available from 300$. I got a pc that could play all on high for 900$ (including vista ultimate 64b)

About your graphic card you can find it our by doing: Windows => Run => DXDIAG