MAN007

Whats Your Favorite LAPD Vehicle?

Guest LAPDguy
First of all, I would like to say thanks to Hoppah for the nice comment he made in one of the threads. :laugh: Secondly, what is your favorite LAPD Vehicle in the LA Mod and in real life. In the Mod, my favorite is the motorcycle. In real life, I have several. They are:

04tc%201996%20chevey%20caprice%20lapd.jpg

The Caprice (Which Owns All)

lapdcommand.jpg

Bomb Squad Semi Truck

I have others, but that's all for now! :stupid:

Thats not a bomb squad semi thats the mobile command post from the 80's

Thats not a bomb squad semi thats the mobile command post from the 80's

Yeah, if you look closely you can read 'Mobile Command'.

My real life favorite LAPD vehicle is this Dodge Charger now (even if it's a testcar, it's still real) posted by Mikesphotos some time ago:

LAPD Dodge Charger

Love the car, lightbar, everything. :)

But I have never seen a Dodge Charger in real life yet. Just photo's. :(

Hoppah

The Charger looks just as good on the computer as in real life. A lot of county sheriff's around here are starting to run them as opposed to Crown Vics.

The new version looks like it's gonna be great. THanks for the updates!

The Charger looks just as good on the computer as in real life. A lot of county sheriff's around here are starting to run them as opposed to Crown Vics.

The new version looks like it's gonna be great. THanks for the updates!

Same as here, the state and local cops are beginning to buy some of them, though there aren't any plans to phase out the Crown Victorias either. The local cops around here drive dark-blue chargers, with all black rims and tinted windows... it's a spectacular sight to see them lit up and going to a call.

My fav car in the game is the black unmarked cruiser. I usually put a couple SWAT officers in one for quick response and also have another running around with a SWAT officer and a Negotiator. I pretend that this is a Chief.

LOL

Guest Utrechtterror
Yes, there are a few Dodge dealers in The Netherlands, but those large US cars aren't that popular here.

They are, but those fucker let us pay extra money because they are not good for the environment and stuff :1046275873_shakehead:

Hmm, that's odd, because that is how it was labeled where I found it - sorry about that (regarding the bomb squad truck). :1046275873_shakehead: Well, anyway, I hope that you do someday make a 1996 Caprice. Hoppah I mean really, whats wrong with a little retro style? :1046275747_biggthumpup:

Meanwhile, I gather people to go against the FCV! Bwahahahahahahahaha :1046276057_GroupHug:

Guest SWAT_NUT

Yea alot of agentcies use them. My city has so uch money our police department has 10 chargers 5unmarked 5 slicktop 5motercycles there own swat team and2 helicopters and were not big at all we are very very tiny community.

At least our tax money is getting put to good use. :gut::rofl: LOL

My real life favorite LAPD vehicle is this Dodge Charger now (even if it's a testcar, it's still real) posted by Mikesphotos some time ago:

LAPD Dodge Charger

Love the car, lightbar, everything. :)

But I have never seen a Dodge Charger in real life yet. Just photo's. :(

Hoppah

The charger is really awesome... on multiplayer as on singleplayer this is the only police patrol car I use... it is just so fucking awesome :D

I only went to America once (to Florida), and there I had to rent a car at my last day, for the way back to the airport... I rented the cheapest one, but it wasn't available, and the next category wasn't available too... and then the next one was the Dodge Charger...

I never understood how people (especially in Germany) can like cars that much, and stuff... but the Charger is a car you have to love, its just awful and that would be the only car I would really spend money on instead of a motorbike :)

m9VtePgl8QknscW.JPG

Only driven this one for about 2 hours, but.......... LOVE!!!

Slowly agencies around the LA area are starting to use Chargers in their fleets. Most agencies don't have the budgets of the big time cities, so they are buying Chargers when some of their Crown Vics are retired out of service. The PD that I worked for retired their cars at 75,000 miles, they figured after that the cost of up keep and maintenance was going to be more in the long run than buying new.

The city I just moved from has roughly 200 officers (give or take 10), they own 3 NOTAR helicopters, have their own SWAT team (with 2 BEAR trucks), a host of other toys... but they won't be going to Chargers. They said they aren't worth it and will keep buying CV's as long as they can.

-d

LAPD Unmarked Patrolcar in-game. :flagwave: Don't really know in real since I don't know that much about LAPD's Vehicles, but maybe the CHP Charger, Engineer Vehicle, or Coroner's Van lol.

I wish Atari Support would reply so I could play it..

Oh, and could anyone tell me what USFC stands for please?