helljumper51

EVERYONE COME VOTE! Emergency-Planet Community Youtube/Stream/Content Possibilities-Send me your suggestions!

EMPlanet Content Possibilities   

9 members have voted

1. 1. Would you watch Em Planet Produced content?

• yes
    • Maybe/depends on content
    • No
    • Depends Who Runs it
    • Man, Im busy, idk
  2. 2. What kind of Content Would You Enjoy?

• Gameplay Videos/Streams
    • Interveiws with Mod Teams/Community Leaders/Upcoming Projects
    • Mod Creation Content/Streams(like a model stream)
    • Podcast
    • Multiplayer Content
    • Multiplayer Commentary
    • Community/Mod Updates and Highlights
    • Roleplay Of EM4/EM5/Into Flames
    • Scripted Content;Aka a video series of a plotline created for a game
    • Other(leave comment)
  3. 3. What kind of Host/Hosts Would U like to see

• Single Host
    • rotating host
    • Multiple Hosts
    • any/doesnt matter
  4. 4. Do you think EM Planet can be a bigger/more involved Community Hub

• Yes
    • No
    • Theres other and better communities
    • possibly, depends
  5. 5. What platforms would you follow us on?

• Youtube
    • Twitch
    • Discord
    • Teamspeak
    • Instagram
    • Facebook
    • Snapchat
    • Twitter
    • Patreon
    • Podcast Host
    • Tiktok
    • None of these

Hey all!!

Soooo, Im working on a proje t to possibly bring back more energy into this community! Nothings official or concrete YET, but I wanted to get YOUR input into what you'd like.

The Concept: EM Planet Creates a Social Media and Video/Stream Platform that provides engaging content for community members. This content would be focused around this community and you guys! Think mod development streams, 3d modeling streams, Gameplay with community members, Highlights and commentary of new(and old!) mods. Plus Different gaming content like: em4, em5, into the flames, board games, role-playing ingame, even scripted mini series. There could be interveiws and features done on community members and mod teams, live q and a for admin and modders, and community events! 

The reality is that this whole community has become fairly dispersed since back when I started in 2007. Back then it was active, lively, and it was a hub for everyone to go to for news and gaming and mods and so much. Today, forums alone are not the preferred content platform, but various social media is.

Ive been a modder and community member since 2007. I was an officer in squad 55, helped develop mods and assets like Harbor city,  Mikeypis NYC, several submods, and stuff ive forgotten. This community gave me a place to go for so many years and encouraged me to develop and learn skills on my own that I still use. Im not retired from the US Army as a combat medic after 10 years. I teach emergency medicine in college and instruct wilderness medicine and fire/ems certifications. I meet SO MANY gamers who are looking for a place to go for this kind of stuff but have no direction.

Yes, I could just do this on my own without em planets involvement. But EM Planet is a community, and the community should be the one engaging with their members and producing content for them. There are so many people who are capable to contribute great things to this endevor, and it only makes sense to do this as a community.

If you read this far, thanks :) please consider voting in the poll or leaving a comment on your thoughts. It would really help direct this project!

feel free to msg me of you have any thoughts!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I meet SO MANY gamers who are looking for a place to go for this kind of stuff but have no direction.

I'm not trying to be rude, but if you have that many conversations, shoot them a link to EMP in someway. As you said, forums just aren't the prefered way these days, but it has it's pros and cons as well imo. Maybe it's time for EMP to evolve in some way? Regardless, spread the word in the meantime while you continue to get your project up and going. Every little bit helps if you want to see a more active community. I feel like you have a major challenge ahead of you, but if it can help possibly attract fans and devs alike(or even fans to eventual devs), that's a good thing.

Good luck!