Tprosser56

emergency-forum.de Shut Down

It looks like things in the emergency community have continued to get worse since the release of the new free-to-play emergency title was released. It seems that the German emergency forums have closed up shop for good. They have released a statement on their website that you can read here. This has appeared to have happened without any notice to the public beforehand. It seems that a lot of assets, mods, and information provided by those forums are now going to no longer be accessible to the public. I therefore hope this same fate does not make its way over to this forum. I'm curious to hear others thoughts on this.   

The shutdown of that forum was inevitable especially with the state of the Emergency series with it already being a dead corpse and just continued decaying of it. The lack of newer players and Sixteen Ton's questionable way of making games by literally re releasing Emergency 5 over and over again with the "newest" game being just a literal port of Emergency HQ. Lets hope that Emergency Planet's end of the road isn't too soon with other forums too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

They should have at least announced it, so people can make backups of the mods and assets. This is just unacceptable; everything is lost!😢
I'm absolutely heartbroken right now. I was part of the community for over ten years, and seeing it disappear from one day to the next makes me extremely sad.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

On 11/12/2023 at 9:02 AM, FDNY/911 said:

They should have at least announced it, so people can make backups of the mods and assets. This is just unacceptable; everything is lost!😢
I'm absolutely heartbroken right now. I was part of the community for over ten years, and seeing it disappear from one day to the next makes me extremely sad.

Luckily, you can still 'access' the website via the Way Back Machine, but I'm not sure if you can download anything off of it.

8 hours ago, FDNY/911 said:

I agree with you, simple heads up about upcoming doom could contribute to saving up the webdisc and other gems. It will be hard to blame the forum owners, but imho people would fund the hosting if it would be requested. (i would contribute too)

9 minutes ago, Rescue742Fan said:

You can still 'access' the website via the Way acknowledged Machine, but I'm not sure if you can download anything off of it.

I dobut it would work, i have some URL saved in my browser, and links don't work.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EmC-Unit said:

I agree with you, simple heads up about upcoming doom could contribute to saving up the webdisc and other gems. It will be hard to blame the forum owners, but imho people would fund the hosting if it would be requested. (i would contribute too)

I dobut it would work, i have some URL saved in my browser, and links don't work.

New hub is up if you haven't seen it yet, a lot of cool new and old stuff has been added.

• Upvote 1