xTurbo21

Creating more missions in Freeplay

It joys my heart to see the modding community still alive to this day, making updates to their projects and releasing new ones. Thus, it motivated me to try and get into modding as well. I've never modded for any other games but I'd like to give it a try. First thing I'll do that (which I'm guessing) is easy is create more missions for freeplay, and what better place to start than the LA Mod? So I'm wondering if there's still anyone out there willing to lend a helping hand and provide with documentations/links to tutorials or just straight up commenting some steps for me to get started; or at least steps on how to add units to the play area like in the fire stations? Thanks in advance!

That is one of the more complex things you can do. If you want to add things like a new car accident, or a new fire spawn point, that's a little easier. To add brand new missions though, that's much more complex. 

To start simple, you can add in a car crash like this: 

I've updated the links in my original post to redirect to the correct posts. 

Additionally, even though they're REALLY old, there's some tutorials on the site's English section back when we were all much more active, from Hoppah, Voodoo and the like. I recommend perusing those. 

If you want to change the spawns for freeplay, that's under the station script, you'll see vehicles getting attached to virtual objects. Take a look through a few of the tutorials in the LA Mod section (think like 2008-2011) and you'll get some good detailed walk throughs

• Upvote 1