Emergency3fan

Emergency 3

I know that this game is extremely old,but I was recently playing the disc version of the game on windows 7 pro 64 bit.That was when I started messing around with the resolution and now the game crashes every time I try to open the game.If there is still anyone who plays the game or rembers a way to remember this problem in 2018.I also tried running it as in administrator,changing the resolution ,running it with compatibility for xp,and disabling visual themes.Please help I love this game I have been playing it since I was 3 when it came out in 2005.On the same computer and it has always worked until I messed with the resolution.

55423708693__CCEF023D-EDFF-4E61-8E3B-1CCA76F92941.MOV

Yes its that logfile.

The final error message of "texture larger than maximum file size" is a clue that this is possibly due to your graphics drivers being out of date. Unfortunately, due to Em3's age, it could also be because your graphics drivers are too new to run the game which is something that you wont have any solution for.

I'd like to know your GPU and other specs in order to eliminate each piece of hardware one by one.

Right now, the common solutions would be updating the graphic drivers, using compatibility settings on windows, running as administrator in order to somehow force the game to ignore some issues and just run.

What about Em4? Its the closest relative to Em3 and runs on the same system, but with minor alterations. If Em4 runs but Em3 doesnt, then it means that its a localized problem with the Em3 that's the issue and not a greater thing with your system.

For now, have you tried the remedies I shared with you? Another thing I can advise is resetting the xres and yres values to 800 (x) and 600 (y) in order to get a "clean" start.

What issues did you encounter updating the drivers?

Another issue that came to mind for me is Windows 7 and UAC. UAC could be shutting the game down or preventing it access to files because the OS thinks its malicious.

Check if your laptop has a proper GPU apart from the integrated one. This user for example had an NVIDIA GPU with an integrated Intel one at the same time. The Nvidia one wasnt being used which caused them lots of problems.

Do dxdiag. It would be helpful for us to know exactly what your system specs are. See attached images on how to do that. With this we can confirm if your laptop has one or two GPU's.

Untitled.png

To update the drivers to the latest possible version (which was last updated on 2013) I needed to pay for which I'm not going to invest money in such in old computer and when I tried it with another driver my computer didn't meet the minimum requirements.My gpu isn't integrated with another one.The uac isn't interfering either. I accidentally found a way to possibly fix the issue  but it requires the disc.

Also as I was trying the changing the setup of the game option i got a pop up in Spanish that translates to "Kodak easy share can no longer read the archive .This archive could be damaged.http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2018_07/IMG_5159.thumb.JPG.15e8bf8f17ddad8f0fcd99db93c3e5a9.JPGa

image.jpg

image.jpg

IMG_5157.JPG

IMG_5158.JPG

IMG_5159.JPG