IndianaFire

ISP Crown Victoria

Hello,

I recently began learning to edit textures for Emergency 4, and after getting permission from Ghost Graphic Designs to use the Rockport Mod as a base, I have made my first texture. I apologize if this is in the wrong location, but I wasn't sure where else to put it.

Anyway, here it is. An Indiana State Police Crown Victoria skin. And yes, I'm aware, it has the wrong lightbar. I'd like to hear what everyone thinks, as this is my first time doing anything like this.

DAVECOMM.JPG

Em4 2016-03-09 20-16-26-446.jpg

Em4 2016-03-09 20-16-21-876.jpg

Em4 2016-03-09 20-16-03-785.jpg

Em4 2016-03-09 20-16-08-385.jpg

ISP.jpg

Em4 2016-03-09 20-16-14-482.jpg

59 minutes ago, ThatOneIowan said:

There's a handful of nit-picking adjustments you could (and should) do, but for a first skin, it's not bad. What are you using to edit the texture?

I used Paint .NET.

And it wasn't until after I finished the skin that I started to notice my errors.

My main goal is changing the lightbar and then patching up the graphics. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, IndianaFire said:

My main goal is changing the lightbar and then patching up the graphics. 

You will need to use Zmodeler OR Blender to change the lightbar. There is a tutorial for this, but the short story is:

• The lightbar you need is the same one in the LA mod's LAPD patrol car. It has the same kind of lightbar, so that is the model and skin you need to take.
  • You would import the cop cruiser model into the 3d modeler, then the model you want the vehicle on.
  • Attach the lightbar on your vehicle, and try to line it up to the actual location.

The graphics for the most part is good for a first attempt. Cop departments tend to use generic decals and colors, so I think the hood is a new thing that I've not seen being put in Em4.

1 minute ago, itchboy said:

You will need to use Zmodeler OR Blender to change the lightbar. There is a tutorial for this, but the short story is:

• The lightbar you need is the same one in the LA mod's LAPD patrol car. It has the same kind of lightbar, so that is the model and skin you need to take.
  • You would import the cop cruiser model into the 3d modeler, then the model you want the vehicle on.
  • Attach the lightbar on your vehicle, and try to line it up to the actual location.

The graphics for the most part is good for a first attempt. Cop departments tend to use generic decals and colors, so I think the hood is a new thing that I've not seen being put in Em4.

Thank you for telling me that.