Phantom

Mapping

Hello everyone. I am sure this is a frequently asked question, but how to i make a map (Textures)? If someone could teach me that would be very helpful. Thank you!

(The map is for my modification: http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/20442-honey-creek-indiana/#entry298931 ) If you do not understand what i mean for textures reply telling me that and i will define it more for you :)

To make a map, you need a photo editting program, such as Photoshop, or GIMP. Now obviously you might have to go with something like GIMP as opposed to a more expensive option. I recommend if you're starting from the beginning, download one of the maps from the download centre on this site, and you can edit it in. You'll need to save it as a tga (targa) file and then in the floor editor (F2 under Editor)you can import a texture, that being your TGA file and you'll be able to call that your map texture. 

To make a map, you need a photo editting program, such as Photoshop, or GIMP. Now obviously you might have to go with something like GIMP as opposed to a more expensive option. I recommend if you're starting from the beginning, download one of the maps from the download centre on this site, and you can edit it in. You'll need to save it as a tga (targa) file and then in the floor editor (F2 under Editor)you can import a texture, that being your TGA file and you'll be able to call that your map texture. 

Thank you Newfoundking

Hello again. it says the height map is too big. max size is 512x512. and it won't load the map floor. I am trying to load Small Village map. What do i do?