TACRfan

ATTENTION GTA V Mod users

I Just wanted to let everyone who has/is installing mods on GTA V that the No clip mod and the Angry planes mod both contain trojan viruses that go after your passwords.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/794383-possibility-of-trojan-downloaderspyware-installed-via-gta-v-mod

Use windows search and type in "%appdata%", go into the local folder, temp and then the folder will most likely be random letters/numbers, some guy reported it being inside a folder call BAE2BCEE, so if you have that check if the malware is there.

Inside the folder you should find an exe called fade.exe and a folder called data, delete both of them and make sure you delete the .asi is deleted too next time you boot up GTA V. After all of that is done, change all of your passwords, since none of them is safe anymore, including your Steam password.

Good, that i don't have it :laugh:

Haha yea, I have it but the only mods I have is lspdfr and a trainer

You mean that someone would possibly be out to take advantage of people through modifications that they use? *shocked over here* 

Common sense should tell people just because it's a mod does not mean it's any less probability it could be malicious.  If you can download it, if it runs in one capacity or another, it could be up to no good.  Such is why you use any "unauthorized" 3rd party content at your own risk.  Esp. with GTA you know people are going to be trying to get user's information.

At the moment it is fairly certain these 2 mods are the only ones containing malware, though some claim there is something with the Open Interiors mod containing traces of internet traffic. It should be fine, but you may want to get rid of that too if you want to play it safe

Haha yea, I have it but the only mods I have is lspdfr and a trainer

I'm guessing you mean either PoliceMod 1.0something (by Dehan) or SAPDRR (by Palm Beach Gaming) as I know for a fact LSPDFR (by G17 Media) is still under development.

I'm guessing you mean either PoliceMod 1.0something (by Dehan) or SAPDRR (by Palm Beach Gaming) as I know for a fact LSPDFR (by G17 Media) is still under development.

I used to be a tester for Palm Beach Gaming back in the day when they were called FRMods, didn't know they were still going lol.