Perplex

Broken game need help!

Hey guys!

I recently had some trouble with the game so I decided to try and uninstall and reinstall. The problem arose when i checked my programs and features to uninstall programs I couldn't find 911 FR/EM4. I then decided to go to my program files and deleted the entire wizardworks/sixteentons folder. I thought this would delete the game as it works with several other programs. The problem for me now is the game is somehow still installed on my PC and when i put in the disc to reinstall it (thinking it had uninstalled) it gives me an option to uninstall. When i press on that option it doesnt work. Any help from anyone would be amazing thank you guys!

The game is still in your registry. You need to delete the registry key for that game. But if you don't know how to do this, don't do it manually because you can screw some serious stuff up. 

Google CCleaner and look at the registry key tool, that should help

ok so i downloaded CCleaner and cleared everything of the registry and same thing happens with I put my disc in to reinstall. It gives me the em4 screen and it still says uninstall and when i press it, it doesnt work like before.

If the game is uninstalled manually and ALL references to EM4/911 are removed from the registry it will permit re-install of the product.. If CCleaner did not get all references to EM4/911 FR you would have to manually remove the registry entries by entering an advanced editing utility. Start>Run>regedit press ok

You would want to manually search for any reference to the installation directory within there:

EX:

C:\Program Files\EM4\

C:\Program Files\911 First Responders\

This is much easier if you know exactly where you installed the game to in the first place.

If you find a registry reference that says "install dir" and lists the location you installed the game you want to remove that from the registry.