FrozenOne-94

NL Modification v2.0 released! Signal Torch screenshot!

2is8cy0.jpg

DUTCH EMERGENCY MODIFICATION

Version 1.0.0 released on 15th of April                                                                                                   Subscribe for latest information
Version 1.0.5 released on 4th of May

Version 1.0.6 released on 5th of May
Version 1.1.0 release: CANCELLED

Version 2.0.0 released on 28th of August

Version 2.?.? release: To Be Announced

DOWNLOAD LATEST VERSION HERE:

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/files/file/627-nl-modification-v20/

VIDEO SHOWCASES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w74m0YVGqzE

Changelog NL Modification RESURRECTED v2.0 [EVERYTHING 100% Completed]

Police department updates

-Towtruck now belongs to the police department

-Dutch police skin for towtruck

-New Dutch Police Helicopter [changed model and skin]

-Police Officers 10% more resistant to bullet impact

-Improved sound for handguns

-Police patrol car now uses left backdoor as equipment door for fire extinguisher [trunk wasn't an option]

-Altered Police barrier tape texture
-Added length to police barrier tape
-Police patrol car can now hold two criminals

Medical department updates

-Added 'star of life' logo to outfits of doctor and paramedics

-Doctor vehicle holds place for two doctors [able to arrive with one doctor as well]

-New avatar for mediccase equipment

Firefighter's department updates

-Added firehose to inventory of Water Tender

-Added fire-extinguisher to inventory of Water Tender

-Equipment doors of Water Tender are now using opening animations

-Dutch firefighter's skin

-Dutch skin for HazMat truck [decontamination truck]
-Dynamic variation between vehicle and world hydrants [vehicle hydrants from Heavy Rescue Vehicle  and Water Tender will be used much more than world hydrants now]
-RW now comes standard with 4 firefighters
-Water Tender now comes with working vehicle hydrants [ADDED ON 26th AUGUST]
-Water Tender now comes standard with 4 firefighters [ADDED ON 26th AUGUST]
-Dutch skin for Fireboat [ADDED ON 27th AUGUST]

Tech department updates

-Dutch skin for RecoveryHelicopter (G-JSAR Helicopter Skin)

General updates

-NEW avatars for police, doctor, paramedic, firefighter and rescuedogleader

-NEW mini icons for Police, Medical and Firefighters
-NEW group avatar
-Altered traffic signs textures
-Altered Bus sign textures
-Altered Subway textures

-Updated department logo's [much smoother now]

Showcase of some new content:

http://nl.tinypic.com/a/zmxk1/3

Modification also consists out of the following:

Police updates
-Dutch police patrol car skin represented by new avatars in-game
-Dutch police officers’ skin
-Dutch police siren which will constantly play while driving

-Police patrol car equipped with fire extinguishers

-Search and Rescue Dog vehicle relocated to police department (makes more sense to me)
-Police officer added to Search and Rescue Dog vehicle
-Dutch police skin for Search and Rescue Dog vehicle
-Dutch police skin for rescue dog
-Dutch police skin for rescue dog leader
-Police officers are now able to equip and use pistols

-Police officers are now able to equip and use fire extinguishers
-Police officers are now able to run a little bit faster for less frustrating chases
-Dutch police van skin

-Dutch Explosive Ordnance Disposal skin for SWAT van with new avatars in-game
Ambulance updates
-Dutch emergency doctor car skin represented by new avatars in-game
-Dutch emergency doctor outfit skin
-Dutch ambulance skin represented by new avatars in-game
-Dutch ambulance siren which will constantly play while driving
-Dutch paramedic outfits skin
-Emergency doctor added to ambulance
-Dutch lifeliner skin for air ambulance represented by new avatar in-game
Firefighter’s updates
-Firefighter's siren will now constantly play while driving (already sound like Dutch sirens)
-Dutch heavy rescue vehicle skin with new avatars
-Dutch ladder truck skin with new avatars

-Dutch Water tender skin with new avatars
General updates
-New department avatars on the left side of the screen (first draft improvement; will be improved further down the line)

-Provided most NPC cars with Dutch license plates
Tech update

-Removed sirens from all technical units using an empty siren file

Known bugs/errors: Status:

Incorrect striping pattern on one side of all the cars                  Hard coded by developer; can't be solved

Mirrored text at one side of most cars                                           Hard coded by developer; can't be solved

Hood-striping on police car not placed correctly                        Will not be solved 

Ability for using guns for police makes it                                     SOLUTION: Press escape or click the menu icon and

impossible to complete the police tutorial at the                        click on ‘End Tutorial’. [won't be solved]

beginning of the campaign, no problems afterwards

Dog vehicle using ambulance sirens                                           Hard coded by developer; can't be solved

Cosmetic bug where the paramedic’s outfits are                       SOLVED

dark green on some parts (doesn’t always happen)  

Other bugs                                                                                         Will not be solved

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

@Multibullets,

Thanks for your question regarding this modification. As of now my original post has been updated stating all content you can expect in the near future. Dutch sirens are definitely on the list. The first police car that's coming will have the new soundfile attached to it and the siren will be used by every law enforcement vehicle once you activate the mod.

New sirens for the fire department and for the ambulances are coming as soon as the first vehicle is released in the specific unit type. Would be cool if I can give you a firefighter vehicle and an ambulance in the next update to get you started with a Dutch unit of all three departments. ;)

@Multibullets,

I will see what I can do for you ;) I'll try to get my hands on those ambulance sirens (y)

@Ruben Volcke,

Thank you for your appreciation.

Here is a little update on the progress:

The police car is nearly done. As we speak it is completed for 90% but there is a small problem which isn't an easy solvable one. The texture which I use on the left side of the car is automatically being copied to the other side. This causes an issue because the word "politie" is spelled backwards because I am not able to mirror it. This is a problem which isn't solvable at this time I am afraid. Also the striping is incorrect on this faulty side as it's a copied one from the side with the blue stripes on the bottom and the red stripes on the top. The other side should have red stripes on the bottom and blue stripes on top so this is pretty annoying but I am trying to come up with a solution for it.

I also started working on the outfit for the police officers which is coming along nicely. I'd say I am at about 50% with the outfit so it isn't done yet. That being said I'd like to show you the progress I made so far :P

This screenshot was taken in the editor but it looks much better in-game. I'd be happy to hear what your first impressions are as release is coming closer.

14nqyv.jpg

New uniform looks nice!

Thank you! Can't wait to show it when it's done ;)

Please fix the police car bright light!! it's only with the police car, not the police van!

I think you are referring to the project reality lights modification. That is not my modification though, this is the Dutch Emergency Services mod. :P

Dutch;

Super dat je dit op pakt! Ziet er nu al goed uit ;) Denk dat alleen al de skins het spelplezier doen verhogen.

Als feedback voor het wipmodel, de tekst politie op de motorkap heeft geen logo in echt :-)

Dankjewel, ik doe mijn best er iets moois van te maken ;) Goed gezien van de tekst op de motorkap maar dit had ik ondertussen al verandert :P Had tijdelijk het normale en makkelijk vindbare logo er neergezet als plaatsvervanging maar inmiddels is dit al verandert naar hoe het hoort te zijn :D

@Everyone

I just updated the text so please read the first post of this topic for the latest information about the modification including some info about more vehicles ;)

The way I understand and reading this topic now, seems to me that you're planning to be the new "Hoppah" regarding EM5. That looks promissing.  :D . I'll just send you a private message to receive the infromation I need to get my hands on your Dutch Mod. However, since I'm going on a small vacation, I won't be able to play it for another week. BTW,  I am glad you took up my earlier suggestion about the turntable ladder.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers!!  :holdglass:

Robert,

Netherlands.

The way I understand and reading this topic now, seems to me that you're planning to be the new "Hoppah" regarding EM5. That looks promissing.  :D . I'll just send you a private message to receive the infromation I need to get my hands on your Dutch Mod. However, since I'm going on a small vacation, I won't be able to play it for another week. BTW,  I am glad you took up my earlier suggestion about the turntable ladder.

Keep up the good work!

Robert,

Netherlands.

Just answered your message ;)

where can i download it please? i don't see any link

As stated by Hammie this modification is now in BETA. I am planning on releasing it publically tomorrow. That being said this isn't the normal way I work. Normally a BETA is released about two weeks before public release so this is an exception. If there a big bugs and glitches in the BETA however I will have to postpone the public release but at this time I think it will be up for download tomorrow.

How will you be able to install the mod?.. I hope its the not "copy/paste and replace" way..

I'm sorry to tell you it is necessary to replace some files which are needed to be backed-up. For obvious reasons I can't include the back-up files in the modification. To state the obvious this is because I am not allowed to distribute all of the original data created by the developer. The new skins and new prefabs are installed via the mod .zip-file but other adjustment like sirens and avatars for instance are to be replaced. This is because it simply doesn't work any other way at this time. Normally the game would take anything inside the mod folder and overwrite the normal data with it. As far as I know though, the game only does it with prefabs and textures. I tried it with new .material data and such things but this did not seem to work. However I constructed the mod so that you wil only have to copy/paste one folder and after this all the files will install in directory where they should. So in short the mod is partially installed by an easy .zip-file and partially by copy/past though the last one has been made a very easy process.

Hi,

Since I am abroad for a small vacation I have not yet been able to reply on your private mail you recently sent me, let alone, being able to download your Dutch MOD. Now reading your little installation story, I was wondering as well if you by any chance added a small text file with installing- and deinstalling instructions as in where you probably could advise which maps/files one should have backed up, before beginning installing your mod. If not, consider this as a small tip.

Keep up the good work; I'll stay in touch.

CHEERS!!

Robert,

Netherlands.

Hi,

Since I am abroad for a small vacation I have not yet been able to reply on your private mail you recently sent me, let alone, being able to download your Dutch MOD. Now reading your little installation story, I was wondering as well if you by any chance added a small text file with installing- and deinstalling instructions as in where you probably could advise which maps/files one should have backed up, before beginning installing your mod. If not, consider this as a small tip.

Keep up the good work; I'll stay in touch.

CHEERS!!

Robert,

Netherlands.

Hey Robert,

Thank you for your message. When the mod is released publically this Wednesday it is downloadable as a .zip folder. Once this has been done you will need to extract the folders/files within. It contains a data folder (for replacement of files), a .zip-folder which needs to be dragged and dropped in the mod window of the game (textures and prefabs) and a ReadMe file. In this file I stated exactly how to install the mod and which folders need to be backed-up. At this point there are only three folders of which you need to make a back-up and future releases will also use these folders so you only have to back it up with this first release. Some files within these folders have been altered but I suggest to back-up the whole folders because this takes less time and it is easier to replace the old files in case you'd want to deinstall the mod. The replacing of the files have been made very easy. Just copy and paste the data folder in the installation destination of the game and every file seeks its own way to their destination. You should be all done within 2 minutes. This is a short version of how to install the mod but the ReadMe file contains a step for step installation guide. 

Furthermore the ReadMe file explains the main goal and vision of the mod, what to expect, a known bugs/errors list and a changelog.

Have fun on your vacation :)

Cheers,

Bram.

P.S.

At the time the mod is getting bigger I will look into the possibilities of creating an installer which does the work for you. It would be nice if people can install the mod with an installer which also backs-up the files which are being replaced.

Wow Bram,

Just returned from my vacation and went straight to our forum where I was directed to the video of your MOD. Apart from the very fine quallity of the video, I was deeply impressed by the amazing results of your work and the things you already have accomplished. Just to think, that this is "only" version 1.0.0. Reading about your plans and ideas, naturally added with new tips and ideas from our players along the way, strengthens my thought that you are really going to be the "Hoppah" of EM5. If there should be an election for this title in the future, you would have gained MY vote at least. As soon as I have your MOD installed and start playing, I will try to feed you with tips and I ideas should they pop up into my thoughts. But for now: CHAPPEAU!! 

Keep in touch.

Cheers!!   :holdglass:

Robert,

Netherlands.

Hey Bram,

I just started playing your Dutch MOD. Really impressive! My first idea to enhance the game: I really don't know if it's even technically possible, but wouldn't it be nice to make sure that as soon as the paramedics return to the ambulance with their victim, that the doctor that treated the victim at firt, is returning to the ambulance as well to ride along with the victim to the hospital. The same goes naturally for the personel of the rescue helicopter. I think you must admid that it's a bit awkward that the paramedics return to base with the victim alone, while leaving the doctors standing at the scene... After all, the doctors arrived with the very same ambulance/helicopter at the scene as well. However, SixteenTons apperently did not see a problem in there also, as EM5 has the same issue with the helicopter personel.

Keep in touch.

Robert,

Netherlands.

Hey Robert,

Thank you very much for your kind words :P It's very nice to hear you are enjoying this modification and I'm really glad for having your support. As I told you in the private message I will look into your suggestions and most of them might make the next update.

We'll keep in touch ;)

Cheers,

Bram.