Ropie58

Emergency fans who stick to playing EM4

Hi Guys,

As an enthousiastic EM-4 player I was hoping that EM-5 would have it all. Up till now it seems that EM-5 caused a lot of disappointment among the EM-4 players who probably had the same expectations as I did. More important: I read more and more messages in our forums that people return to playing EM-4 where the LA-Mod can be played.

I am thinking of doing so as well, only I'm having a hard time with the video settings of my game since I'm having a widescreen (Dell SX2210). I am playing the English version of EM-4 which is called: "911 First Responders"; it is actually an exact copy of the original German EM-4 version. The LA-mods work perfectly fine, not only in Freeplay but also inside the original EM-4 games. Only now the game is being stretched all over my widescreen. So, every object, house, car, person or whatever, is widened in the game. I am playing the 1920 x 1080 settings, but even when I change it back to the original 1280 x 1024 (?) settings the game is still being stretched all over my screen.

Is anyone familiar, but more important, or does anyone have a solution for my problem?

I hope to here from you soon.

Robert,

Netherlands.

I will, but please be patient. I will have to install the game again first...

Thank you for your reply.

Robert,

Netherlands.

Hello Banana,

I just installed EM-4 again with the last LA-Mod I have (2.0). So inside the original German "cities" of the game, there are LA "First Responders" available and cruising.

I did not succeed to make a printscreen so I had to make a few pictures with my phone. You can see the horrific graphics and notice (especially when you look at the fire engine) how all is widened and blown out of proportion.

Years ago I tried to solve this problem asking all over the internet but at the time no-one had a solution. I do know however, that some games have the possibillity to be played from within a "inside screen" (a screen inside the monitor itself). So if this would be possible, I don't think that the video settings of the game would be bothered or influenced by a widescreen anymore.

I can imagine there are lots of EM-4 players who are now in the possession of a widescreen, and probably dealing with the same problem as I do?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,

Robert,

Netherlands.

post-1928-0-22473000-1424707699_thumb.jp

post-1928-0-77341500-1424707714_thumb.jp

post-1928-0-82628700-1424707728_thumb.jp

Posts merged. Use the edit button next time, or you'll receive a warning.

I don't see what the issue you're having is? It looks fine to me.

For screenshots, I would suggest download a free program called Fraps.

EDIT: I've alse moved the topic to the EM4 Section of the forum, seeing as this is an EM4 issue not EM5.

Edited by randomperson139

Posts merged. Use the edit button next time, or you'll receive a warning.

I don't see what the issue you're having is? It looks fine to me.

For screenshots, I would suggest download a free program called Fraps.

EDIT: I've alse moved the topic to the EM4 Section of the forum, seeing as this is an EM4 issue not EM5.

I don't understand... :huh:

Why SHOULD I have used the edit button, and WHY would I get a warning if I'm asking an innocent but serious question, apparently without using the edit button?? For me, the edit button is just for editing the question or reply by its owner, once posted. Your remark does not sound user friendly to me... Like I said, I really don't understand... :huh:

I don't understand... :huh:

Why SHOULD I have used the edit button, and WHY would I get a warning if I'm asking an innocent but serious question, apparently without using the edit button?? For me, the edit button is just for editing the question or reply by its owner, once posted. Your remark does not sound user friendly to me... Like I said, I really don't understand... :huh:

What he is saying is, instead of posting two posts in a row, you should edit your original post to include the new information.

Oké, now I understand... sorry for that; but why the warning? He could have just said something like: "pay attention next time" (which I certainly will) - but it's not like I acted totally unrespectable or misbehaved myself on the forum or so... Also, it would have sound more friendly. Being a moderator should really not be acting like a policeman, should it?  ;)

Unfortunately it is around here. If we say do something people generally don't listen to us. If we say do it or you'll be punished, then they listen. Plus under the terms of service you agree not to double post

It was nothing like ignoring the forum rules on purpose. It was just a simple mistake of mine. But forget it, it's all right - I got the message... :blush:

Whether it's on purpose or not, breaking the rules is still breaking the rules. 

Just like in the real world, you can't claim ignorance as a defense. Here, you have to read and agree to the terms of service to use the site. Whether you read them, it doesn't matter, you're still bound to follow them.